Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Default So mad!

That gigantic lab is back out there running around again!

For those that don't know, it's human and dog aggressive. It ran after me, chased me into my house and proceeded to snarl/growl/bark at me on MY patio through my glass door! It is allowed to run around off leash, with no kind of supervision. It's way over our 35lb pet weight limit in the apartments (it's definitely over 80lbs). I've contacted the apartment twice. First time they said they had to give them 10 days notice before anything could be done and to tell them if they did it again after the 10 days.

So I waited, and they did it again and again so I contacted the apartments again. Said that the manager would have to deal with it. Again, this dog is out running around free. Only reason I saw it was it was trying to get a cat (poor thing) in the FRONT of the apartments! It chased it all the way around the back of the apartments to the front, where there are often little kids out playing! Luckily no one was around and it just trotted happily back to it's own house after the cat got away, though badly injured from the blood on the dogs face.

So, I'm NOT happy. Honestly I wouldn't care tooo much if this dog wasn't so darn aggressive. I see dogs let off leash around here, that are over the weight limit all the time, but I don't really care because they are usually being watched and none have tried to attack me or Artimis. All I want is to keep this very aggressive dog under control so I don't have to be scared to leave my apartment! Especially with it being so large and artimis so small! At least I'd have a chance, he has none!

So, I called the apartments (again) just for a record, telling them this was the third time I called, nothing has been done, this dog is aggressive and it is over the weight limit.

Obviously I don't have much trust in them doing anything so I called animal control as well, which I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do. I had to leave a message (like always) so we will have to wait and see if they respond or not.

I'm so worried I will step outside with Art one day and that dog will be out there. If it see's him before I see it Art will be a goner! Or even my roommates dog who is let off leash out there.

*sigh* /rant
Old 02-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Top Dog

So how many times did you call animal control for the town you live in. They would be the ones to handle an off leash dog that is left to run around. If you do not have an animal control department then call the police.

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Old 02-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Top Dog

yikes. that's no good. I hope someone responds and acts accordingly about this. that's just not safe. keep us posted. good luck!
Old 02-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolas Dad View Post
So how many times did you call animal control for the town you live in. They would be the ones to handle an off leash dog that is left to run around. If you do not have an animal control department then call the police.
For this one dog just the once today. We will see if that helps. If not next time it will be the police.

I've called the ACO's a lot before, they never show up. I've seen ACO's show up but only for pit's But like i said, next time it will be the police.

I was hoping a warning from the apartments would make them leash there dog, or the note I left them asking them to leash it, and the second note they might really realize they needed to do something. Guess that didn't work.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Fila Love

You want me to bring the Filas over? I think they could scare the daylights out of him.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Puppy Dog

thats weird that nobody is doing anything about it Have you talked to the owner?
Hope things get resolved, but carry a spray bottle in the mean time or better, an air horn.

http://www.helpsaveone.org/

http://www.unchaindogs.net/
Old 02-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Top Dog

Next time, leaving Artemis at home, go out and lure the dog into your car. I know you think he is aggressive, but he'll probably jump right in. Give him a large bone to distract him. Go to the Animal Shelter, tell them you found the dog running down the highway and don't want him to be killed.

When Giganto doesn't come home, the owners will start calling and will end up making a trip to the shelter and paying a fee. When you inconvenience someone, they pay attention.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:14 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Next time you see the dog offleash, I'd just call AC firsT thing. If they don't seem to help the problem, you might want to call the police. A dog as agrresive as you discribe has NO business being offleash. If a child or a small dog walked by.....

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 02-16-2010, 06:22 PM
ACoops favorite

I don't even know what I would do. How is animal control not all over this?
Old 02-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Felurian

Send a registered letter to the apartment management, stating the dates and times you've seen this dog acting aggressively, off leash. They have liability if they have been notified and KNOW of the problem.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian