Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by colliewog View Post
My 10 yr old Collie is dealing with a 4 month old terrier at the moment - he sends his condolences to Byron.

Even though you've got dogs at home, it is important that he socialize with strange dogs and people. He should be a fun one in training classes - these guys usually catch on quick!

Edit - just saw his pics. He is a chunky monkey, isn't he??

i wouldnt say chunky monkey because he is by no means fat but he is just really thick and for such a little guy he is very strong!

as for catching on he is sooooo smart. he comes to his name as soon as its said, he completely understands he has to go outside to go to the bathroom. he held it for 8 hours on the ride home from where we got him even though we stopped several times to let him go. we were home 10 minutes, i walked him and asked him to go and he did.

he already listens to the sit command and is very close to having stay mastered. now im not saying he hasnt had the occasional accident because he has but for the most part he is amazingly bright
Old 02-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Active Pup

i think with the advice givin we will wait till he is around 2 before we fix him. as far as breeding goes all of our females are fixed and when he is only outside with either myself or joce and the other dogs he will be around are fixed. although accidents can occur we will make an effort to avoid them
Old 02-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Personally, I like waiting until my dogs are fully grown before neutering. Both of my boys (Tucker, chihuahua, 13 months old) and Rory (Border Collie, 11 months old) will be at least 18 months old before they become members of the pancake club.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 02-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Collies&Terriers, Oh My!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my boy blitz View Post
i wouldnt say chunky monkey because he is by no means fat but he is just really thick and for such a little guy he is very strong!
Sorry, that's what I call all thick puppies (like ACDs, APBTs, etc.). It wasn't meant to indicate his condition.

~Smooth Collies~

URO1 CH "Smidgen" RA,WW-RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)
URO2 CH "Dora" RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)

~American Hairless Terriers (coated)~
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "OE" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "Spud" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
Old 02-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Heelers are sharp, pushy little bastards; fixing him earlier won't do anything in that regards. I'd wait until about 2 if possible and just work on teaching him proper playing methods.
Ditto