Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-16-2010, 01:20 AM
Navy Sister

If your sister bought the puppy why do you have to do all the training and other work?
knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:35 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhucca View Post
How much does Mia weigh now? I know it's a weird thing to wonder about but I'm always guessing when I see a picture of her.
Mia is hitting right at about 5.5 lbs right now, maybe 6. She's filled out a bit but it's been a while since she was weighed. I need to weigh her again, I'm curious if she's made 6 lbs or not. Summer is 7.6 lbs in case you were wondering.

Last edited by Laurelin; 02-16-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:46 AM
Top Dog

I'm really sorry to hear that... some people just will not listen no matter how many times they're warned. I hope the puppy does well, and I'm sorry that you're probably going to be stuck with all of the works that she'll entail.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 02-16-2010, 01:47 AM
Puppy Dog

Monitor this puppy for at least 6 months, anything can happen and you want to be sure that it is healthy.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:46 AM
<--------Orson

I agree with the others who've said at least the pup is safe with someone who'll knows what they are doing, and will gladly LEARN what they don't know for the dog's sake.

She is a cute little thing. I'm more than sure Poodlemommy and Laurelin can help you through any questions or issues that come up with her. I don't have any name suggestions.........sorry, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyiGirl View Post
If your sister bought the puppy why do you have to do all the training and other work?
My guess would be, either SHE does it or it isn't going to get done at all. Only the dog will suffer, the sister won't.

Growing up, my brother always had big plans and big ideas. He'd get a new puppy from neighbors or friends..........take good care of it for about 2 weeks, then it was old news. We ended up with at least 3 dogs this way, LOL. I was the one who ended up doing all the training, feeding, and general care. I could have said NO, but then when the dog was old enough to be out of control and destructive, my parents would have dumped it in the pound.........I have no doubt about this at all. So I did it for the dog.

Now, with that said, you should hear the stories my brother tells about this dog or that......... how he worked to teach it and the dog could do xxxx and xxxx and so on, LOL. My mom and I always just exchange a glance and smile at each other

Funny side note: My brother decided to get a dog a few years back. I wasn't around to have his back, the dog ended up right back with the original owners because my brother couldn't handle it, not so funny for the dog, but HILARIOUS for my brother the "great and mighty dog trainer" LOL
Old 02-16-2010, 08:56 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
Funny side note: My brother decided to get a dog a few years back. I wasn't around to have his back, the dog ended up right back with the original owners because my brother couldn't handle it, not so funny for the dog, but HILARIOUS for my brother the "great and mighty dog trainer" LOL
I'm sure that was the dog's fault, not his.

Yeah, I'm one of them too.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:59 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanL View Post
I'm sure that was the dog's fault, not his.
How did you know Dan? He claims it was the dumbest dog on the planet..."NOBODY could've trained that dog" LOL I just smile politely.......there's never any use in trying to tell him otherwise.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:00 AM
tessa_s212

Acoop, your brother sounds a lot like mine! He was always handed already trained dogs to compete with in agility, and then always bragged about what an awesome trainer HE was - when he usually somehow ruined some of the good training the dog had beforehand.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:03 AM
Resident fainting goat

Congrats on the new addition You should pick up some nutrical, for dogs that small hypoglycemia is a problem and its a great way for them to get the calories they need

shes a cutie, when I saw her I thought of Piper

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Fila Love

I do have to agree with the others, she at least has a chance for a good life this way. She looks really young to me, I hope you get her to a vet soon.