Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Sprayin' the spiders

Ruby is ALWAYS a boy. She's got so much hair you can't necessarily tell at first glance. She is a pretty thick girl though - all muscled up without a really feminine face. I just correct people subtly.

Rocket gets girl sometimes. He hasn't filled out to the point where you can glance and know he's a boy - his head is still skinny. But I'd think the man parts on a short haired dog would be hint enough.

Allie is feminine enough that she always gets girl. Noodle sometimes gets boy because she's all muscley and skinny, but again - no man parts!

I always look at Summer and see a girl though! Maybe when people see Mia and Summer together, they assume Summer is a boy because she's taller?

U-CH Rocket - BN RN CAA TT CGC TDI
Ruby - CD RA CGC
MBIMBS U-CH Poison
Allie the Lab
Noodle the Mini Dach
Old 02-15-2010, 07:24 AM
treehugging clicker freak

Usually people guess correctly. Occasionally Tucker gets called a girl because of his fluffy-ness... Despte the blue collar, leash, and harness but his hair is pretty short right now, so it's pretty obvious lol

heck, yesterday at the pet store, some lady I didn't even know called Maddie by name and said "I haven't seen you in a while" I must go there too much

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 02-15-2010, 07:29 AM
just call me Nilly

For the most part people guess right with Sierra. I've very rarely had to correct people.

I do think a part of the problem is that some people have pronoun issues and get their he/she's mixed up no matter how many times you correct them.

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 02-15-2010, 07:34 AM
:( only one :(

Everyone seems to know that Kassie and Tilly are female but before, when Boomer was younger, some did think he was a female.

What's more sad is that he's not all that old, 7 years, but a lot of people think he's a really old dog, almost double his age.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:56 AM
Water Junkie

Blaze always gets called a girl. I mean, can't you see his man parts seriously? He's skinny and got zero long fur! LOL

Lizzie always gets called a boy.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 02-15-2010, 09:00 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

VIctor has been called a girl more times than I can count...once he was called Gertrude. He would be so ashamed if he knew for he is quite hte macho dude.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 02-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Everyone thinks T-Bone is a boy. Even when I pretty much drench her in pink. Not that I would drench my dog in punk stuff... but...errr.. it happens.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Sport Model Pug

I just remembered...

When Wile E. wasn't neutered, he had massive balls compared to his body and you couldn't hold him without them touching you... He was STILL called a girl despite massive potatoes and sausage (compared to his body size) that stood out on his short haired chihuahua body...

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 02-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Chihuahua Power!

People usually assume that all of mine are girls... even though I think that Rory and Tucker look like boys.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 02-15-2010, 10:08 AM
~Lisa~

Blaze is always a girl.

Poor guy, is all ways wearing blue or green.

I think I'm going to give up with dressing him like a boy. And buy the cute pink collars I love so much, but don't want a boy dog wearing lol.

I have stopped correcting majority of people. As its useless. He is pretty looking, But I don't think he looks like a girl. If he had short hair you'd see all his man hood and not ask, but then again I'm sure if he was a smooth, people would still ask or insist that he is a she lol