Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Photography

Old 02-14-2010, 11:37 PM
Just try me..

I don't know what Nilly has.. but her does well in low light..
Old 02-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Yorkie Love

what did you go with?

I am looking to replace my camera also... I also dont like batteries, even the rechargeable ones never seem to last.

The camera I have now i had to replace the battery once (luckily in St. Thomas= cheap electronics) but that was less annoying then AA's still.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:58 PM
tessa_s212

Canon Powershot SD940 IS - it had all 5 star reviews on the website, and I googled it and also found really good reviews. HD video, 12MP? and 4x zoom and 28 mm lens
Old 02-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Top Dog

That's a lot of bread. Sure you could've found a camera to suit your needs for quite a bit less in the classifieds or on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACampbell0304 View Post
...you have to be smarter than the hotdog...
Old 02-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLimbo87 View Post
That's a lot of bread. Sure you could've found a camera to suit your needs for quite a bit less in the classifieds or on ebay.
^^^ Agreed.

That Canon is quite expensive ... not an inexpensive camera. Tess, did you get a once-in-a-blue-moon deal on it or something? Only asking b/c you specifically said you were looking for an inexpensive camera.

Agree with IL87 that the classifieds and EBay are good sources. Only caveat is that EBay requires caution lately ... have heard stories that a lot of non-working electronics are coming out of there lately.

One excellent --and often overlooked -- source is refurbished. As long as it's factory refurbished and not from "Joe's Refurb Shop" or something. Factory refurbs are often amazingly inexpensive ... and it's NOT true that you are buying "somebody else's problem".

A TON of electronics end up returned simply because the new owners couldn't figure them out ... and there's not a thing wrong with them. Stores still have to return them to the manufacturers ... who in turn completely inspect them, make any necessary repairs (if needed at all), then sell them as refurbs at a huge discount. another advantage to refurbs is that each one is thoroughly tested before it leaves the factory ... which can NOT be said of brand new products ... in those manufacturers test only a small sample and the whole lot is deemed OK.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:41 PM
We are Home.

that is alot of money for a p&s.

I jsut spent 109 on a brand new nikon coolpix, has a rechargable battery, only 10 mp but takes nice pictures, wont snap unless everyone is smiling, great video. I love this little camera. Plus it is TINY, it fits in my pocket perfectly.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 02-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Top Dog

Another thing to realize is that many get far too hung up on the megapixel war to really realize how many pixels one truly needs. Unless you plan on printing larger than 12 x 18" prints, even an older quality Point-and-shoot with 5 megapixels and a decent sensor/lens can get produce sharp prints.

My D80 is "only" 10.2 megapixels as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACampbell0304 View Post
...you have to be smarter than the hotdog...
Old 02-15-2010, 02:15 PM
We are Home.

Yea 10 works for me Jeremy wants more because he likes blowing his photos up obscenely LOL.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 02-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Resident fainting goat

My lil sony doesnt have many megapixels, doesnt bother me since I dont print images. I just wanted something small and light to take pictures for facebook or print out small pictures lol im not looking to have a giant blown up picture of romeo anywhere

I was only $150 I believe.. with "only" 12 megapixels. but most of the pictures of romeo you see are taken with that camera.

here we are..
Amazon.com: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W290 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and Super Steady Shot Image Stabilization (Black): Electronics

used for only $144 new @ 175
Old 02-15-2010, 07:31 PM
tessa_s212

It went over our price range - we originally wanted something as close as possible to $150, but when we were reading the reviews and comparing cameras, it just seemed worth the extra bit of money. We save so much every month on diapers, feminine products, paper products, etc already, and because this is pretty much our Christmas/Valentines day present, I allowed us to splurge. $222 wasn't a bad deal, especially to know that you are its first owner (so no hidden flaws/broken/mishandling) and have the warranty on it.

We still had money gifts from when Mason was first born, we'd been saving our change, we've got some money from selling other things, and been saving money ever since we canceled Dustin's cell phone when the 2 year contract was up, so it won't break the bank. Though, definitely no more unnecessary purchases for a looong time. But worth it!

I'm very excited to get it!!! It should be here by Wednesday, maybe Thursday.