Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-11-2010, 08:19 PM
I'm All Ears

Default How does your dog give high fives?

I was wondering if your dogs did this differently too. Mine all give high fives totally different.

Summer still doesn't grasp the concept lol. The only trick I have difficulty teaching her and I don't know why. We're working on it.

Mia is very enthusiastic if she's excited about something. If you have food her high fives become high tens usually. She jumps all the way up and slams her feet into your hand. Now, if she's sleepy, it's the lamest thing ever. She'll basically twitch her paw so it barely touches you.

Now Beau, Beau sticks his claws out and smacks you when giving high fives. He practically tears your hand off in the process.

Rose will give them very timidly. She'll lift her paw up and down a couple times then just give a perfect light high five.

Nard will listen to the command and sit there (usually with his tongue out). Just when you think he's not listening to you, he will stick his paw up and just barely touch it to your hand. and he will leave it there and just stare at you. He is always so contemplative about everything lol.

I don't know why it amuses me but it does. You can tell so much of their personality through this one little act.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Resident fainting goat

lol romeo does full body highfives, similar to what mia sounds like. it ends up with his upper body just crashing into my hand lol good enough' atleast hes enthusiastic

Kenya only did the "shake". where I have to put my hand down and she'll place her paw on it lol no way was she hopping up just to hi 5 me
Old 02-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Top Dog

Lucy is very paw-oriented. When we do shaping games, her first thought is always to smack something with her paw. If that doesn't work, she smacks it harder, or multiple times.

Her high-5s are the same way. If I put up my hand before I'm finished crouching down to her level, she'll jump to high 5 me.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 02-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

Mina high fives similar to Mia, she get very excited and slams her paw into my hand as hard as she can. Her high fives also frequently end up being high tens.

Upendi will oblige me and touch my hand as quickly as possible. She's weird about her feet though.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 02-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Top Dog

Chulita gets quite theatrical about it. She often times will turn her head and shoulders way, way over to the side, being silly... and then reach up with her paw. Sometimes she gives not one, but multiple high fives. I must be sure to keep up with the Dremeling. LOL.

Jose` reaches way up high and slaps his little paw right into my hand, very lightly though. It comes fast, but softly. He's a little more demure about it. I think he does it more like the way Rose does.

Toker is a bigger dog and really lets you have it with gusto. I sort of need to catch her paw immediately after, or she'll hurt me with her nails if I let her slide her paw away too soon. Sometimes she anticipates and after the first paw is in my hand, she brings up the 2nd paw too and crosses it over the first one. They both fit very nicely into my hand. Actually, when the two paws hit and then rest in my hand, that's called, "chill," another trick. I am not very particular, so I let it slide and don't really have the two tricks separated out very well. The cues have become sort of mush. LOL. If I'm careful to remove my hand right away after the high 5 part, then all is well and it's a more "clean" high five. Oh...and she puts her head way up and back and sort of turns it to the side a little. She has a look like she's exceedingly pleased with herself. LOL.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-12-2010, 02:17 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Ozzy give five the same way as Mia. He also usually ends up giving high ten instead too. Enzo does the claw thing like Beau, but she doesn't dig it in. She's always extrodinarily pleased about it too, since she doesn't often like to do it.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:09 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Lilly doesn't do tricks, Travis can only high 5 when he is on his back. LOL!

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 02-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

There are two high fives.
The regular high-five is just lifting a paw and putting it against mine.
The BIG high five is when he jumps up and gives me, well, actually it's usually a high ten, LOL, because he nails my hand with both paws.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-12-2010, 10:42 AM
My dog tickles my soul

Morgan likes to try doing the High-10s when he's wound up/excited, usually he hits my hand with one paw and my face with the other.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Remembering Casey ♥

We have a High five and a high ten as two diff tricks so she will ussually just stick to the high five but she is like a mixture of mia and Beau.. loll.. Very enthusiatic but she will use her talons on my hand .. sometimes it hurts :P