Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Top Dog

Dekka took the words right out of my mouth, lol.

Hyper is usually uncontrollable and annoying. High energy is active, wants to play, and is full of energy but you can tell them to calm down.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Big Dog

Hyper--dog with loads of energy who expresses that energy in ways I find annoying

High Energy--dog with loads of energy who expresses that energy in ways I find cool, fun, entertaining, or funny

Old 02-11-2010, 03:56 PM
and Fozzie B!

Hyper dogs are annoying.

High energy dogs are fun.

That's the difference for me! I like a dog that can turn 'on' in a second and turn 'off' just as quickly, when ever you want them to. I used to think that was completely dependent on owner training, but I have worked with a lot of dogs at the hotel who make me question that.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 02-11-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by protodog View Post
Hyper--dog with loads of energy who expresses that energy in ways I find annoying

High Energy--dog with loads of energy who expresses that energy in ways I find cool, fun, entertaining, or funny
Quote:
Hyper dogs are annoying.

High energy dogs are fun.
Lol, I like both these. I was talking to my friend over the weekend and we were discussing dogs. She has a labrador pup and a lab/bc and I of course have the two paps. As she was leaving after spending two days she said 'Man your dogs are a trip. I'm so glad they're yours and not mine!' Which I thought was hilarious because she finds mine to be 'hyper' (in her words) and at the same time I find her lab (the bc/lab is actually very mellow) to be insanely hyper!

So then I started wondering if it really just was a difference in opinion about energy type. There are certain types of energy that just drive me crazy and then others that don't.