Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colliewog View Post
I have a Pontiac Aztek - VERY dog friendly. They don't make them anymore, but if you find one used ....
But then she's have to look at an Aztek on a regular basis.

Tiff, I'd suggest any Subie with 5 doors. You can't go wrong there. Considering where you live, AWD would be nice.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Top Dog

What sold me on the 4Runner was the electric rear window . It's a '97 and it's never needed anything but the usual maintenance , the paint job is still show room bright .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 02-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACampbell0304 View Post
I don't know, my next 2nd vehicle will be something with 3rd row seating...probably like a Suburban, but I'm not too picky on gas mileage.

That's a pretty sad statement. In these days, we should all be concerned about our environment and gas consumption plays a big role in that.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Twin 2.0

I'm looking at either a Subie or a 4Runner for my next vehicle most likely. I love the new 2010 Outbacks, they redesigned them so they've got a bit more head clearance and look more like the older Foresters. Good ground clearance, good towing and lots of cargo space. My mom has one and I drove it to Albuquerque and it was great.

4Runners are just great all around.

A lot of my friends have the Honda Ridgeline, including the couple that have 4 dogs, 2 of which are Danes. They love their Ridgelines, I just don't much care for the body styling.

Normally I'd jump at the chance to recommend a RAV4, I've loved mine up until last month, but with the ECU/transmission issues I just had and finding out that Toyota has been keeping that information quiet, despite the fact that it's affecting pretty much every single RAV built between 2001 - 2003, I'm a little leery. When they changed the body style in 2001, they tinkered with the guts as well. I'm wary that they did the same thing in 2007 when they enlarged everything and basically did a total redesign.

The Element, as God-awful ugly as it is, is probably about one of the more useful cars out there from what I hear.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Just try me..

I have to say I <3 my kia. I have lots of friends who love theirs too. Mine is an awesome dogmobile. But its small. (I have a 2003 kia rio) I can fit lots in it though . No matter how cold it gets it always starts, isn't bad for driving in snow etc. Have had no problems with it and its fantastic on gas!

Though the vehicle I think I would love for my next one is:
2010 Soul Overview (I am so in love with this car.. its a tiny SUV, still boxy enough to handle large crates (rounded edges suck for fitting crates in back) and even though small as it is there is still lots of people room, even in the back seat, which is important in my next car as Darien is going to be a tall lad.

Going to agility trials you see a lot of Toyota Matrixs, Mazda 5s. (as well as mini vans) some 4 runners. THese are a bit on the smaller size, but get great gas milage whilst still being dog friendly.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Top Dog

You'd be surprised as to what you can do with a small hatchback when you put your mind to it.

My 2006 RSX-S packed full

Quote:
...you have to be smarter than the hotdog...
Old 02-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, I can get quite a bit into my eclipse too, thanks to the hatchback. It wouldn't be any good for large crates though when they're assembled. What it's really great for is long things. (I transported our entertainment center through downtown DC with it! It only stuck out a foot or two )

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 02-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Just try me..

Nice! I have pics like that too of my little Kia. We took 2 dogs, camping gear, food, clothes etc for a trip from ON to KY. We took everything but the kitchen sink and the result was:

It also holds 2 JRTs 2 Cockers, 2 adults (MP and I) and all our trial gear and clothes for a 3 day trial
Old 02-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Top Dog

Dekka you must've graduated from MIT to have engineering skills like that! LOL

Quote:
...you have to be smarter than the hotdog...
Old 02-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Just try me..

lol just necessity . It was the most affordable long road trip I have ever been on.