Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Top Dog

I have it recording on Tivo but may stop the recording. The toy group was first and the Japanese Chin as usual was not selected for the short list. For Lauren the Pappillon was not selected for the short list either.

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Old 02-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Top Dog

Shoot !! No cable here for me !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 02-06-2010, 08:36 PM
tessa_s212

I would, but Dustin finds those kinds of shows incredibly boring. Can't blame him. I might tune in for a little before he wrestles the remote away from me!
Old 02-06-2010, 08:49 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Ahh! I forgot. OMG MORON!! *Runs to check AP*

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 02-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
...But if I avoid the internet till morning.......I should be able to watch without knowing the ending, LOLWOOT!
Aa, now, see, I checked the AKC site back in December after the show ended.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Top Dog

i can't watch those for very long. the BS about the breeds kills it for me, like when they say the Irish wolfhound is an ancient breed or the other nonsense covered in the myth thread. i don't know whether to laugh or get POd. i'm okay if i mute the tv but still can find something more entertaining. OTH my DW can't understand how i can watch F&T tailgate adventures (dog hunting show, the only one of it's kind). they had a great episode w/ beagles a while back.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:47 AM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
i can't watch those for very long. the BS about the breeds kills it for me, like when they say the Irish wolfhound is an ancient breed or the other nonsense covered in the myth thread. i don't know whether to laugh or get POd. i'm okay if i mute the tv but still can find something more entertaining. OTH my DW can't understand how i can watch F&T tailgate adventures (dog hunting show, the only one of it's kind). they had a great episode w/ beagles a while back.
Your dislike for dogs shows is well known. You dont have to taint every thread about shows with it.

Here is a direct quote from the Wolfhound Club Of Canada:

Quote:
The actual origin of the Irish Wolfhound is shrouded in myth and legend. What is known is that "wolfe dogges" of great size and strength can be found in literature and artwork that predate Christianity. In the earlest times, the dogs were called "cu" meaning Irish hound or wolf dog, and they were only owned by royalty or nobility. They served their masters in war, as guard dogs, as hunters of the Irish Elk and wolf, and were often gifted to royalty of other countries. After the disappearance of the elk, the number of Irish hounds began to decline until their export outside of Ireland was banned by Oliver Cromwell in 1652.

In the 1800s, a Scottish deerhound breeder named Captain George Augustus Graham became interested in the old Irish wolfdog. He began to collect as many of the "true" Irish hounds as he could find, and bred them with Deerhound, Borzoi, Tibetan Mastiff and Great Dane crosses in an attempt to resurrect the disappearing breed. In 1885, he founded the "Irish Wolfhound Club" to further protect this beloved breed at which time the Standard was created and accepted by the Kennel Club and Irish wolfhounds began appearing in registered shows. However there was much controversy surrounding the purity of the bloodlines of the dogs that the Irish Wolfhound club was promoting as "true" Irish hounds, with many dog enthusiasts believing that the strain currently produced and touted as Irish Wolfhounds were too diluted from the original "wolfe dogges" of ancient times.

Regardless of whether Captain Graham and his contemporaries revived the breed or manufactured what they felt to be a representative dog of the ancient Irish hound, we have them to thank for the magnificent wolfhounds we see today.
To most people that would me verry old or ancient. You need to comment on things you know something about.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 02-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Top Dog

Who won?
Old 02-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

The Scottie won

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
The Scottie won

Cute!- Thanks

I fell asleep, when none of my faves won their groups, I like Scotties though