Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-19-2010, 12:41 PM
No thumbs = No mutiny

Sorry, I overlooked your request Lilahroot, I'll get some links over to you this afternoon.

I do know some crestie owners who have dogs who follow them into the shower every day. I would only scrub them once a week, but the heat/steam from the shower doesn't hurt them. Make sure to moisterize afterward though.

River---Kya---Chloe---Fiona

Check out hairless dog rescue:
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AB20.html
Old 02-19-2010, 01:37 PM
Salty Sea Dog

i too know crestie folks who shower with them...
im sure the steam itself woudl do the skin good, mabe a steam/rinse and moisturize and then once weekly or biweekly full bathtime.

they are an awesome breed, for the right person. ive never met a breed with sure a varience in personalities, oen crestie can be bouncing off the wall another can be the calmest dog in the universe, they are however ALL little clowsna dn do the oddest things just to amuse themselves (and in tern you) rubies new amusment is making toys squeek without biting them, shes realized that if she presses them just right with her paw, it squeeks, so shell pounce on it, then you see the excitment in her face when it squeeks and she jumps back and looks at it and then wags her tail backs up again and repeats...then shell look at me like "look what i can do!"
they can be incredibly stubborn, and very aloof with strangers, these are both very normal for the breed and while socilization is important, its not unusual for cresties to take a while to warm up to new people even if theyve been heavily socilized...all the while others love everyone and make excelent therapy dogs.

they are not like "dogs" though, instead i akin them more to cats or foxes...they have their own way of doing things and will often ignore you if they dont think its worth their time which can make training difficult, they want attention when they want attention (which is with most cresties FREQUENTLY lol)
and there constantly puzzling, this is one of those breeds that will elarn to open doors, teach YOU how to respond to them and youll love them for it.
ruby has lernt how to bait things this winter, shes started picking up peanuts out of the bird mix and places them in a pile at the base of the tree beside the swing, then she wull lay quietly under the swing (can tbe seen from above) and wait for a squirrel (they still havent learnt) to come down the tree...as soon as there close enough shes right after them...and often straight up the tree..
diggin is her other favorite passtime, they dig hard and fast for little dogs lol.

ive looked into many dogs eyes and seen the cogs working, but the cresties...theres something more there...
i think there actually aliens come down to observe and entertain us :P

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 02-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Big Dog

Lucy isn't a crested but I just put her in the shower with me when it is time for her bath. I do it for Koda too. Lucy is better, she knows when to stand under the water to get rinsed but she is also more used to it than Koda is. Way easier and I can shower after so I don't smell like wet dog.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:49 PM
No thumbs = No mutiny

Good post, Foxy, I agree.

Even River and Chloe have very different personalities. River is a much more mellow dog.

Mine won't even dig with a sandbox in the yard with goodies hidden in it. Go figure. lol

River---Kya---Chloe---Fiona

Check out hairless dog rescue:
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AB20.html