Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 01-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbrider View Post
Thanks a ton guys. I am currently living in Houston, and will be moving to a smaller town a few hours away from both Dallas and College Station. So yeah...
I'm outside of Austin, let me know if you want some rescue group recommendations!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Active Pup

I might just take you up on that offer lizzybeth... but not yet... as I'm not quite in that position. I'll get in touch with you and with the rescues as summer gets closer.

OK... so I bought a few things while at Half-Price Books:

UCDAVIS Book of Dogs - Complete Medical Reference Guide for Dogs and Puppies. It's a THICK book. Yes, it's older. 1995. Yes, some of the things in it will be outdated, but a lot of things are the same then that they are now... so yeah. And I must say, for $2.00, it's not THAT bad of a buy.

Dog Lover's Companion - it looked like a good buy in the store... but now that I have it home... it seems to be a bit more of a basic guide for dog owners... but it's not bad. Just not the in-depth stuff I was looking for... and BIG print.

And then a couple horse riding books I got, since I'm going to be getting a horse this summer, and I'm having difficulty trying to get lessons... trust me though... I'm trying.

For the Good of the Rider
and
Centered Riding

And I'm planning on getting a few books on animal behavior when we go to the library (probably tomorrow)... I think I remember seeing a few there last time...