Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-21-2010, 09:07 PM
and Fozzie B!

Rolled leather collars for training/obedience/walking/etc.

Gonzo wears a Lupine nylon martingale for getting dirty, short walks, and to the lake/park/trails.

Fozzie wears a flat leather collar normally.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 01-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Yorkie Love

Right now they both have puppia but I am getting kind of tired of slipping them over their HUGE heads, lol... I am looking into either the buddy belt or a similar silk version... said to be better on yorkie hair for mats.

In the house they are naked though... having anything on too long really mats their hair badly.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:46 PM
<--------Orson

They are both naked at home 99% of the time.

Phoebe is strictly flat collars, she has a few nylon and at least one leather.
Orson has a few flat nylon, a few leather, and he also has one prong collar we use under certain circumstances.

We also have an Orson sized harness, and a gentle leader laying around here somewhere that never get used, they were tried and found useless, LOL
Old 01-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Top Dog

Flat collars for the most part here..a rolled leather for Aesop and Grimm and a Paco collar for the Elf. Jules wears a braided, thin kangaroo leather tag collar. Everyone wears their collars at all times for tag purposes
Old 01-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

In the house the girls are nekkid.

When we got out for walks and such they wear two collars. One is a flat nylon collar with their id on it and the other is a martingale (I use one that is all nylon).

I like doing two collars because if their is a malfunction with the martingale or leash they still have the collar with their ID on it on them.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 01-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Top Dog

Argon wears a chain martingale after his great escape last year when he slipped his flat collar and off into traffic he went. It's red. The harness he wore in my sig caused his poor skin to break out all over and he's still naked in places, so no more harness!
Neon has a flat blue camo collar that we bought at walmart. He's not a puller, so I dont worry too much about it popping open.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:28 PM
<------RIP Superdog

At the moment Riley is wearing a Very nice leather collar for tags and around. He usually has a collar on him at all times. I have an assortment of nylon ones i like. A thick leather one for walks, and a thin kangaroo leather for allergy season (his neck folds get sores if the collar is too constricting).