Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-23-2004, 02:50 PM
Big Dog

Default Fun Doggie Quirks!

Thought I would start something a little more light-hearted! These are some of the girls' quirks: Serene has to drop her ball a certain way and if she doesn't do it "right" she keeps picking it up and dropping it. I can't pick up Jersey's poops on our walk until Serene has sniffed both the poo and Jersey's bum! Jersey can't fall asleep unless her head is resting on something...One of our legs, or Serene's bum seem to be her favorite. If Jersey is feeling mellow, she has to drag her blankie across the house to the living room...She doesn't lie on it, she just wants it there. Serene also runs around in little circles before her food dish comes! Any one else?
Old 09-23-2004, 02:55 PM
Ben Sada

My dog Tyler does something kinda strange he sleeps with his head buried underneath is pillow in his crate I think his head might cold at night but he is health as Walter Metivier!
Old 09-23-2004, 03:09 PM
Big Dog

I forgot to mention, Jersey MUST lick your face after you've brushed with that cinnamon rush toothpaste, and my husband shaves his head (originally for the "tough look", but sadly it didn't all grow back when he wanted it to!) and Serene likes to lick the top of it when he gets home from work! So now I'm off to work, but I'm sure I'll think of more "oddities" by the time I get home!LOL
Old 09-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Felurian

Shiva is just a bundle of quirky, goofball behaviour. Kharma's much more deliberate with her quirks. Probably the weirdest one is Kharma's fascination with electronics. She steals everything from remotes to telephones and hides them in her "nests" she has hidden throughout the house. We have yet to find the remotes for the surround sound and the DVD player!
Old 09-23-2004, 10:51 PM
Big Dog

What is it with them and electronics?!? When Serene did the escape over the baby gate, long time ago, she chewed the speaker covers and all the wall mounts for our surround!! Oh, when there are dogs on TV, Jersey runs around and barks and cries at each speaker.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:13 AM
Felurian

I wonder if they realize that whoever is playing with the remote ISN'T paying attention to them. I've seen my three, time and time again, exhibit an understanding of cause and effect, so I wouldn't put it past them. The fact that it's one of the girls doing it rather than Bimmer (he and Charley are in cahoots) makes me think that's a valid theory.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:37 AM

Addie has a blanket that she takes great time with to spread out, then lays in the middle of it soaking up the sun (such a GIRL! she does an amazing job)

Hammie won't eat unless I'm standing near (guess he'd get over that one if left alone long enough!)

I mentioned this before, but Addie has a collar phobia....you CANNOT touch her collar. If you do........she will not come near you the rest of the day. I manage to do a quick click on when using the leash...but I don't let my hand stay there. LOL

When I'm on the computer, Hammie sits and stares at me the entire time. I just keep looking over........yep, he's just staring. Now....this CAN'T be interesting! He always runs in with me........gets comfy on the futon......and just stares.

Like children....they can be sleeping, but let the phone ring and the minute I start talking they are misbehaving or fighting for my attention. Guess I'm not supposed to be talking to anyone else. LOL

AND YES.......the remotes are always put up high. Maybe they are just trying to watch what THEY want for a change!!!
Old 09-24-2004, 08:48 AM
Big Dog

Well, this isn't a quirk, but goes with the cause and effect thing. This morning "someone" piddled in their room. "someone" is very obviously Jersey! Serene doesn't have accidents. Of course, not caught in the act, so no action was taken, but I can't keep her off of me! Ever since I put the blankie in the wash, she keeps kissing my face, Like "oops, my bad!!!"
Old 09-24-2004, 09:11 AM
Felurian

ROFL! Oh, that's just so typical, isn't it, Kathy?

The most dramatic exhibition of comprehension of cause and effect that I ever witnessed was between our first Fila, Buffy, and Bimmer.

Buffy insisted on rummaging through the garbage, finding interesting bits of this and that, and taking them to her nest in the grass beside the driveway. Bimmer likes to lay in the middle of the driveway, just behind where Charley parks his little truck, so he can have first crack at anything alien coming up the drive.

One morning, I was looking out of the kitchen window watching Buffy up to her usual naughtiness. As I watched, she systematically picked through the trash stacked up to haul off, found some new treasures and took them to her nest. She laid down and nosed them into the perfect spot, then put her head on her paws to admire her newest interior decorating endeavor. After a few minutes, she got up, stretched and looked around, then picked up a large item from her stash of booty and carried it over and placed it next to Bimmer. Then she went back, got another item and did the same thing again.

I thought, "Oh, that's sweet of her; she wants to share."

Bimmer is a little quicker than I am.

He stood up, gave Buffy a horrified look, and stalked off to lay on top of the Mustang. Then, what he obviously had figured out dawned on me; Buffy was trying to frame him! She knew SOMEONE was going to get scolded for getting into the trash and making a mess, so she was trying to make sure it wasn't HER!

I don't know what was funnier, that she did it, that he figured it out, or that he figured it out before I did!
Old 09-24-2004, 09:24 AM
Big Dog

OOOHHH...Their "evil" little plots make me giggle! Serene always gets top spot when they are in bed with us, but once in a while, Jersey gets there first. Serene sits at the end of the bed, and lures Jersey off with promises of fun and frollicking, and Jersey (being the goof that she is) jumps down immediately and tries to start playing. Serene immediately jumps on the bed and takes the "good" spot and poor Jersey is left sitting at the end of the bed. She just looks at Serene like "But...but...I thought we were going to play?!?" Serene, by this time is already fast asleep with her head on a pillow like the Queen that she is!