Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-22-2010, 01:31 AM
orange iguanas.

I agree with those who said slightly older dog. While your schedule CAN work and a puppy may get used to it, I think you'd be exhausted from it all and a puppy probably wouldn't enjoy it so much either. With a schedule like that I'd think you'd have to skimp on some things. I have the time to spend 1 or 2 hours at the dog park, spend 1 hour training, go for a 30 minute walk, and play fetch. If I were gone 10 hours a day? A few of those things wouldn't be happening unless it's a weekend.

Especially depending on what breed you get, a pup that's been locked up that long during the day is going to have a looooot of energy when they get let out. Juno's almost 10 months old and she'd be hell to live with if she were crated that long. Lucy on the other hand, even as a puppy she could be crated all day and still be content to just lay around. But older dogs are usually a bit more mellowed out and don't need to be so go, go, go all the time, so they'd probably be a better fit.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 01-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Top Dog

An adult dog would work. Now if you do not know what type of dog you want that would fit into your lifestyle go here Animal Planet :: Guides :: Dog Breed Selector take a breed selector test and it will tell you what breeds would work for you based on your answers.

When you find a breed that you would like to have do all the research you can on that breed to make sure it is right for you. Then look for that breed in a shelter or rescue group for that particular breed.

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Old 01-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Just try me..

that is not a bad breed selector. It gave me breeds I do like (most suck)