Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Blow. Me. Away.

Default Guess who's getting bred?

Did you guess it?

Kenai.

The other day my mom told me she was going to breed Kenai. She's going to put him up as a stud in six months. I told her how it's not a good idea at all. I told her his mom was from a puppy mill and we don't even know who his dad was, how he can't even be shown because he's all black, and how I volunteered at multiple shelters - one of which euthanized 7 dogs and 21 cats a day. I told her how I saw hundreds of beautiful, purebred dogs be killed simply because there are already too many in the world. All of those animals have to come from somewhere. She bashed me to the point where I was in tears. She told me it was her choice, my opinion wasn't going to phase her, she didn't care what I thought about it, he was her dog, she'd do what she wanted, and she was going to put him up as a stud for whoever wanted to breed their female to "a nice black Boxer". It's extremely frustrating, and sad for me. But if you've read the threads about my mom, you know she's a stubborn, manipulative, careless bitch, and I know I'm never going to get through to her. I can't believe I'm adding to the f*cking population, the population I watch DIE in shelters because of people like my mom. In the end, I told her I wouldn't be ANY part in this at all.

Oh wait, not only that, but she wants to keep one of his puppies, get another male and start breeding on her own.

I knew getting this puppy - from the beginning, wasn't a good idea at all. Did I tell you he's getting aggression issues and my mom refuses to correct it? She makes excuses for him and babies him for it.

Please don't think that I'm not doing what I can. I honestly tried, but I know I'll never get it into her warped little brain. I tried just like I tried to tell her not to get the puppy. But she didn't listen then, either.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Big Dog

I think the reason the Universe lets you pick your friends is because you don't get to pick your family. You're doing your best. Don't make yourself feel bad about something you can't control.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Top Dog

Ugh >.< Sorry you can't get through to her.

On a side note, you would not believe how many people ask to breed to Gavroche. It's ridiculous. I mean I don't even know if he's full boxer, and even if he was he's all white...and then the important part, he doesn't have balls xD
Old 01-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Top Dog

cute, just cute. Shake your mom for me k?

Just keep telling yourself that one day you'll get to move out. Helped me alot, tho I left at 15 LOL.

Isn't he still a puppy?
Old 01-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Blow. Me. Away.

Thanks guys.

I wish I could move out at fifteen, I really do. I plan on getting emancipated next year.

Yes; he's six months old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Ugh >.< Sorry you can't get through to her.

On a side note, you would not believe how many people ask to breed to Gavroche. It's ridiculous. I mean I don't even know if he's full boxer, and even if he was he's all white...and then the important part, he doesn't have balls xD
I thought about taking Kenai without her knowing and getting him neautered, but I'd getting a nice punch for that.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Oh wow! That is crazy, but I would not beat yourself up too much for it. You did all you could. And there is only so much you can do. Just hope and keep your fingers crosses that nobody will call and ask to use him as a stud.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 01-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmexyPibble View Post
I thought about taking Kenai without her knowing and getting him neautered, but I'd getting a nice punch for that.
I'd do it. She'll get over it. And I hope you don't mean your mother would literally punch you. Remind her that that is illegal (just like backyard breeding should be).
Old 01-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Taxiderpy

Aww man Bre. Hopefully nobody will want puppies studded by a large black dog. I mean, sadly if he was in a shelter he'd probably get overlooked because of his color. The whites are flashy and "rare". Maybe she'll get discouraged and forget about it.

And just think, there aren't really many places she can advertise. Craigslist flaggers will bring her down in seconds. I don't think pet stores allow postings like that on the bulletin board, she'd have to pay $80 just to put an ad in the paper.

Ha ha, maybe someone else could sneak him to the Seattle shelter and get him one of those free "pitbull" neuters. Would Bobby do it?
Old 01-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluButt View Post
I'd do it. She'll get over it. And I hope you don't mean your mother would literally punch you. Remind her that that is illegal (just like backyard breeding should be).
Yes, actually, she does mean literally just that. And her mom doesn't care that it is illegal.

I'm sorry hon. =< Sometimes we do our best and we just can't get through to even the best of people, nevermind the worst of people. YOU are not contributing to the problem... you have done your best to stop it. Don't beat yourself up over it... at the end of the day you cannot control your mom's actions, you can only control your own. =<

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Salty Sea Dog

you did what you could right now...

when the time comes for you to get emancipated if hes not registered and you dont have to worry quite so much about getting beaten mabe there will be more you can do then, but for now theres not much you can do.
*hugs*

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets