Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Your Mom

In home for any reason around here you'll fine anything from $100-$225 per hour. Plus mileage. Private lessons AT a facility will usually cost you less. Most places are $60-$125 per hour. Also check into local facilities and see if any of them offer "flex" classes. One of the places I used to work at did this and it was fantastic. Basically you purchased 8 weeks of class. The class ran every Monday at 6pm for level 1 and 7pm for level 2. You could take up to a YEAR to use up your 8 weeks of classes, work at your own pace. People with non-traditional work schedules found it very convenient.

Oldham's Goddess of War CGC, PSA1, CL1-F "Teeny"
Connors' Baloo CGC, TT "Blue"
Old 01-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
One of the places I used to work at did this and it was fantastic. Basically you purchased 8 weeks of class. The class ran every Monday at 6pm for level 1 and 7pm for level 2. You could take up to a YEAR to use up your 8 weeks of classes, work at your own pace. People with non-traditional work schedules found it very convenient.
I wish I could find something like that around here. I've been dying to take Rally or Agility classes but they're always on the days I work, though I do occasionally get days off that are on those days.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

I used to love drop in. There was rally-o drop in one night of the week for an hour every week.. go when you can. REALLY helped Cider and I out when we were having issues having finished novice but not quite ready for advanced.

Sadly that school went out of business and nowhere since near me has offered anything similar.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 01-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Top Dog

I'm in the wrong line of work. 100+ an hour for obedience? Sheesh!

All kidding aside, I paid 200 for 8 weeks of private lessons, me, my wife, Daisy and Gunnar.

Yeah, I'm one of them too.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:08 AM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisMorphine View Post
Basically you purchased 8 weeks of class. The class ran every Monday at 6pm for level 1 and 7pm for level 2. You could take up to a YEAR to use up your 8 weeks of classes, work at your own pace. People with non-traditional work schedules found it very convenient.
That's similar to the classes I take now. Except the amount of time you purchase (either 2 months or 4 months) expires 2 or 4 months after you attend your first class, so it's not AS flexible as what you're describing. But you could attend 3 classes one week and then not go the next week, things like that. I like it mostly because everyone in class with you is at pretty much the same level (if the other dogs knew the skills, they'd have moved on to a higher level, so you at least know that all the dogs in your class have something they need to work on). This is the first time I've ever done classes so I don't have experience with the traditional go once a week for 8 weeks... but I can tell I wouldn't like that as much.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013