Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Remembering Casey ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolas Dad View Post
Now let me give you the details of that incident. A guy brought a great dane in that was not neutered. The dog was totally uncontrolable and the guy was trying to call the dog and the dog was not responding to him at all. This dog was running around like a wild horse and was getting all the other dogs upset to the point that a dog fight could have broke out. Being he violated the no intact rule I told a ranger about it and he was asked to leave. His dog did not belong there.
Why wouldnt you report him because his dog was causing a fuss? Why use his being intact as an excuse? Seems odd to me.

I suppose your probably a germaphobe who carries hand sanitizer with him where ever he goes.
And wow.. That last statement is almost laughable.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Top Dog

Nice Dekka!!! yes, very impressive!

I think a threadjack at this point is ok, its that or the lolcats are overdue IMO
Old 01-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Remembering Casey ♥

Quote:

I'm sure if the people at the dog park were offended by Lola being on the table when someone is petting her they would have said something. Since they do not seem to be offended by Lola being on a table when they are petting her I will allow it to continue.
You have previously stated that people of your dog park dont seem to stand up to people to adress their issues. Weather it be a lady with too many dogs, some of which oversized, or somebody letting their dog sit on a table. What makes you think they would have said anything to you

As for her being on the table when I was eating their she is a 10 pound dog, I guess in your opinion it would have been ok to keep her on the ground have a dog walk by larger than her and bite her or cause another problem. The event I was at had at least 1000 dogs their that would be 999 that I did not know personally so I had no idea if they would have been ok with her on the ground or not. It was not a chance I wanted to take.

So what would you have done?
Not have taken her there. You obviously do not trust, nor seem to like anybody else's dog, only your own. So why bother? A 'large' dog could have easily jumped and snapped at her even on the table.. Seems to me you would fit under the paranoid category... Kinda reminds me of stacey and clinton from what not to wear.. look out, the fashion police are coming.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmom777 View Post
I just returnd from the dog park with my unneutered Uncle Fred. there were two uncontrollable humpers up there today. They were both neutered.
If your dog park allows un-neutered dogs more power to you.

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Old 01-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Sprayin' the spiders

The dog parks I've visited before are ruled over by the I-don't-cares and "pet" people who can't read dog behavior and think humping is ok.

I don't usually go unless I know there won't be anyone there and I leave when they show up, unless I know the dog.

U-CH Rocket - BN RN CAA TT CGC TDI
Ruby - CD RA CGC
MBIMBS U-CH Poison
Allie the Lab
Noodle the Mini Dach
Old 01-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Gigi Monster & Evil Puppy

Quote:
First of all no one eats at the tables. If Lola is jumping up on the table at the dog park to greet someone who might be walking with a cane or walker I am not going to stop her. She is a therapy dog. If I say down she gets right off but I am not going to tell her to get down when someone is petting her. The people that are usually at the table are older and can't bend over to pet her. For the most part she is out on the grassy area playing with the other dogs and not even near the tables. I surely would never sit at a table and watch her from the tables because our dog park is quite large. She does not get up on the table at home because she knows not to.

When we do our therapy work at nursing homes I hold her up for people to pet her and if they say that they want her on their bed I allow her to lay their with them. Do you think that is wrong also?
Wow. I have to agree with you and have the same opinion of bad dog park etiquette. Who knew. I have my own experiences and opinions. And my dogs don't need to be up on a table. I don't really enjoy others up there either.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criosphynx View Post
yeah me either, that and my dogs are small, I may have to find som'thing else to use. I have seen dogs do it with milkbone biscuits, but thats not as impressive LOL

how do you pronouce that name?

I do have a package of good sausages in the feezer, but they're too good to allow for mistakes xD

His name is prononuced... GAV-rawsh (the A in GAV is like the A in GAY, and the A in rawsh sounds like the A in raw)

OR you can say it all French-like like this" Les Misérables - About The Show - Pronunciation (scroll down to Gavroche" and press play) but I never was able to actually sound French

OR YouTube - [Les Miserables] 10th anniversary - Look Down at 0:27 (Thisi s probably your best bet )
Old 01-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Top Dog

ahh, flippin computer is defective today, I'll have to see it when I get home.

yes, don't waste the good sausages LOL
Old 01-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Blow. Me. Away.

That's a dog park for you.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Blow. Me. Away.

We once took Kenai to the dog park, where a Boston Terrier's owner continously talked about Wal-Mart to me and let his little dog hump Kenai's leg. The little thing refused to let go; he jumped even while Kenai ran!

I hate the know it alls. You need to do this, you need to do that. The last time I dealt with a woman like that a dog park, I told her to shut the hell up.

Then there's the people who thinks it's perfectly fine to bring their dominant, intact 200 pound Mastiff in, and let it attack every dog that enters without acknowledging the behavior. Not only that, but allowing the other dog owners to leave with their dogs, and letting his Mastiff continue to run around snapping.