Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

My dog park isn't that bad. Its had a couple of rough playing dogs but we just call Suzie away from them. And honestly, I can't keep up with my dog so I can't always see where she is pooping, but I think that I get most of it. And Suzie will go up to people, basically anyone, and just sit there. She is content with anyone and everyone. And she will jump onto benches occasionally.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
You want to see discipline around food? Search for the hot dog retreive trick.
hey Dan, Iam actually contemplating teaching this. Iam pretty sure I can

ok carry on...lol
Old 01-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Top Dog

haha...i think we've all encountered one or two of those types of dog park personalities, lol
Old 01-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criosphynx View Post

ok carry on...lol
lol, i'm going to teach that to Gavroche. I gave it a shot last night with what I had (a frozen kidney). I don't typically have hot dogs on hand lol
Old 01-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
lol, i'm going to teach that to Gavroche. I gave it a shot last night with what I had (a frozen kidney). I don't typically have hot dogs on hand lol
yeah me either, that and my dogs are small, I may have to find som'thing else to use. I have seen dogs do it with milkbone biscuits, but thats not as impressive LOL

how do you pronouce that name?
Old 01-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Top Dog

I really think it depends on YOUR park, and what the generally accepted practice THERE is. Just as people in LA act differently from those in NYC or Atlanta, it is believable that dogs at various dog parks are expected to follow different rules.

At my dog park, dogs are welcome on the table. No one calls them up there, but it is a respite for little dogs to get away from big ones, or for friendly ones to greet people. The general practice is 25 lbs or so are welcome, bigger than that is uncomfortable. Did I make this rule? No. Is it posted anywhere? No. But it is the generally accepted practice, and everyone follows it. Heck, a woman was asked to leave with her dog because she was fussing at dogs for jumping on tables, and was pushing them off. Perhaps it would have been a different situation at one of your parks, but that's how things happen at mine.

If you are bringing food into a dog park, you're asking for trouble in my experience. Too many dogs are food aggressive, have allergies, or have no manners regarding jumping etc. No one eats off these tables, so sanitation isn't an issue.

Now, if I were to visit a DIFFERENT dog park, other than the one I frequent, I would not allow Lucy on the table until I observed the general rules there, and would follow suit.

When in Rome...do as the Romans.

It is a little silly to tell people that their dog park behaviors are WRONG (so long as they aren't dangerous), when perhaps that is the accepted and followed behavior at their park. You don't have to follow it at yours.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 01-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Top Dog

At mine dogs are allowed on the table. Large dogs are generally called down, but small dogs are not ussually.

Food is forbidden in all dog parks here.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

I just returnd from the dog park with my unneutered Uncle Fred. there were two uncontrollable humpers up there today. They were both neutered.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 01-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Auggie only humps stuffed animals these days. It's terrible. He likes to hump his giant sheep. No, Auggie, no no. That is not what you do with sheep at all... at ALL...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criosphynx View Post

ok carry on...lol
oh to continue the hijack lol...

its a really fun and impressive trick (esp if you get to do it as part of a competition in front of many spectators lol)

/end hijack