Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 01-20-2010, 06:18 AM
Crazy Dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluButt View Post
Anyway, he's 14 weeks and about 20 pounds. I don't know the exact weight because his last weight check was at the beginning of January and I can only assume he's heavier now. He's taller than my tallest Jack at 13 inches. So I'm guessing about 15 inches.

His legs and paws are absolutely gigantic for the size of his body. I think he is going to be big. His paws are *almost* as big as my 65-70 pound lab mix's feet.
The only reason I wouldn't bet on him being too large is that my ACD puppy is 14-15 weeks ans 21.8 lbs.

Someone told me take the weight at 16 weeks and double it and you should be pretty close to adult weight.

I am betting my ACD will end up about 50-55 lbs and 19-20 inches at the shoulder.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Collies&Terriers, Oh My!

Just to add to that, my Collie puppy boys have huge feet when they're that age - you'd assume they'd be huge, but they all end up around 65-75 lbs.

Whatever he is, he's a cutie! I love the blaze ...

~Smooth Collies~

URO1 CH "Smidgen" RA,WW-RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)
URO2 CH "Dora" RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)

~American Hairless Terriers (coated)~
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "OE" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "Spud" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
Old 01-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Top Dog

I don't think the 16 week weight doubled is very accurate. There was a great dane pup that came in and he weighed 35ish pounds at 16 weeks. He's 2 now and weighs 120+ pounds.

My parents dog (GSD) was about 25-30 pounds at 16 weeks, and he weighs 94 pounds now.

It may work for smaller breeds, but I don't think it holds true for larger breeds.

He is freaking adorable though XD
Old 01-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Active Pup

He's very cute. He looks a little like a boxer. He could be a boxer crossed with a beagle. He's pretty hard to tell with puppies, though.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieC View Post
He's very cute. He looks a little like a boxer. He could be a boxer crossed with a beagle. He's pretty hard to tell with puppies, though.
He's already bigger than any beagle I've ever met. And there's no beagle personality in him at all. Honestly, he seems very mastiff in personality.

I need to get new pictures of him up, these ones don't do him any justice. He looks very boxer-ish in these pictures, but not at all in person.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Puppy Dog

I just weighed him, and he's 20.6 pounds. And he's 13 weeks, 1 day. (I went and pulled out the paperwork, for some reason I thought he was 14 weeks). And he's 14.5 inches at the shoulder.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:00 AM
Top Dog

I see maybe pointer/boxer?

But I am DYING he is so cute his wrinkly eyebrows and the butt spot are KILLING me. Oh I wanna snuggle him until he wiggles and jabs me with his elbows.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-21-2010, 08:34 AM
petperson

Is "cute" a breed?
Old 01-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPP View Post
Is "cute" a breed?
I Know, eh.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Puppy Dog

I tried to get outside this weekend to get some action/conformation shots, but the cold weather we recently had (we're in Florida) killed the fish in our local canals, which has attracted a boatload of buzzards and hawks, which are dropping fish heads into the yard, which the dogs are DYING to roll in, which has reduced their attention span to zip, which made any sort of photo session darn near impossible.

However, before I realized what was distracting them all, I manage to get ONE shot. It's more artistic and doesn't really show anything other than his cuteness, but I thought I'd share anyway.