Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 09-27-2015, 10:32 AM
Active Pup

Default Teeth Grinding

My puppy started teeth grinding last night randomly. He was fine all say and then about 9pm started grinding his teeth.
I have Googled and most of the answers are teeth pain or stomach pain. However some stated that stress and aneixty can cause this.

Last night we did have a friend around who has a very hyper and loud child. Also me and my partner had quite a loud disagreement and have spent time apart today.

Could any of this caused him to start grinding his teeth, as he is used to me and my partner being together.

He is still playful and still had a big apitite and shows no pain or discomfort when I feel around his mouth.
Also his stools haven't changed and isn't bothered with me feeling his stomach. He doesn't show signs of being in pain or discomfort.

He does the grinding when he lies down on his own. I'm worried.

I forgot to mention. He only does it in the house.

Last edited by SirQuincy; 09-27-2015 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:58 PM
Big Dog

as you may know this is a serious problem that needs to be fixed quick.
hmmm.. did you consult your vet for suggestions?
Old 10-25-2015, 07:49 AM
Top Dog

My late dog Molly did this anytime she was stressed. That meant:

In the car, amazingly LOUD when she realized the vet was where we were going..The first time I heard it, I thought my car had something wrong with it.
At the Vet. Along with chattering teeth, and a pulse so fast it was undetectable without a monitor.
At daycare- I finally stopped bringing her.
At work, stopped bringing her there too.
When a skunk would "let 'er rip" outside my house.
When the neighbor's dogs would start barking.

She wasn't scared of storms, fireworks, etc, but any of the above would make her a total basket case. Also, a glare from King would make her grind for just a couple of seconds, then she would pant for a half hour. One of the few times Molly wound up on top:

Old 12-07-2015, 10:02 AM
Active Pup

This is usually the same for dogs as it is for people. It's usually stress related.

We picked up our second dog from a local rescue. She had been living on her own in the streets of TN and was in pretty bad shape when they picked her up. She had a litter of puppies not long before she was picked up but they were nowhere in sight. She had heart worm and was extremely malnourished.

She spent time in TN getting better in a crate and then was shipped to the north east for us to meet. You can imagine how stressed out and anxiety ridden she was by the time we got her to our house.

She ground her teeth in her sleep when we got her. I don't remember how many nights this went on for but it did stop as she settled in. So there's a good chance that you dog will stop soon too. I wish you luck.