Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Agility and Dog Sports

Old 09-12-2005, 07:03 AM
Top Dog

Question Showing where to start?

Do you show? How did you get started? I am planning to buy a puppy to show and do agility with but I don't know where to start with regard to showing, I show in fun classes here but I have never showed properly. Are there any costs that you didn't take into consideration when starting out? How can I roughly work out what the expenses of showing are?
Old 09-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Top Dog

Yes, I show. I got started because one of the vets at the vet clinic I worked for kept pushing me to do so. It had always been a passion of mine that I never thought I could fulfill. She showed her bullmastiffs and when the time came that I was going to get another pug puppy she pleaded with me to try showing, so my quest for a show puppy started. I was lucky enough to find a breeder who would do a co-ownership with me and I could learn how to show under her mentorship. She is still a great mentor and friend of mine today. Needless to say, I have been hooked ever since and have a blast showing!

What kennel club will you be showing in? I would have tons of info for you if it will be AKC, but if not, I would probably not be too familiar with the kennel club you would be showing under. I have done some IABCA shows as well, but not enough to be an expert!
Old 09-14-2005, 04:14 AM
Top Dog

Thanks It will be the UK kennel club