Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Stories

Old 09-12-2005, 04:09 AM
rottiegirl

Unhappy Kahluas story and her sisters fate on thanks giving day

Kahlua is my 11 month old rottie/doberman mix and this is a story about how I found her and the fate of her sister. Kahluas first owners lived next to my parents house. One day I noticed two puppies playing in the street so I called them over to me. The bigger pup came running over to me first, fallowed by her sister. I noticed that I could see their ribs, so I offered them some of my parents pugs dog food. They ate like crazy. They were so hungry that the smaller pup was biting and pushing the larger pup out of the way. I also noticed that the pups were kept out side at night in the freezing cold and rain. They would huddle together to keep warm. I grew very concerned, so I desided to go and see if the pups even had water, but they had nothing to eat or drink. I assumed that the owners next door did not want the puppies, so one day while at my parents house I deceded to take the pups over to my house to clean them up and take them to the vet, But I had no way of getting home because my parents car was being worked on, my boyfriend was at work, and I did not have a vehicle. I walked 6 miles to my house with the pups. Gave them food and water and a bath. When my boyfriend got home I told him what happened and he agreed to keep only one pup so I kept the larger one and named her kahlua. I had to take the other one back to the original owner. Which I should not have done, but he insisted on it. I told the owner what I had done and she didnt really care. I told her that she should feed the puppy more because she was so skinny and the owner said that she would, she even said that she was taking her to the vet. A couple weeks later the puppy looked fine. The day before thanks giving I desided to go take a look at her and she looked horrible! She was very thin and she was even baring her teeth at me, because she was in so much pain. there was a pool of blood on the ground that I later found out to be bloody urine. I called the humane society and turned the owners in. The animal control didnt come to pick the pup up until the next day and found the puppy dead. They didnt charge the owner with any thing! I was steaming mad. If I did not take kahlua in, she would have the same fate as her sister.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:24 AM
rottiegirl

Smile Kahluas pictures...

http://chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11030 check them out! I forgot to mention in the story that she was 8 weeks when I took her home.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Big Mutts

So sorry to hear about Kahlua's little sister It's a good thing you rescued her, I bet you kick yourself for not taking both of them.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:34 PM
rottiegirl

Angry The owner blamed her pups death on me!

I really wished that I would have taken her sister too, but my boyfriend would not let me. I feel so bad! Whats stupid is that the original owner claimed that her sister died of a broken heart, because she missed her sister. That is a load of crap!
Old 09-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Jerk.

Kick you boyfriend and if you ever see the original owner kick them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 09-13-2005, 01:22 AM
rottiegirl

Thumbs up Good idea, but...

I already kicked my boyfriend for it. I think I might go kick the original owner now, too!
Old 09-13-2005, 01:40 AM
Rottweiler

Steal all the food of the bad owners from their fridge.

Cordelia Antonietta Cajas: Rottweiler & German Shepherd

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Old 09-21-2005, 08:53 PM
My best friend is furry.

Go to the original owners house and turn on their hose. The water bill wil be pretty high and they'll have a yard full of mud.

So sorry about the pup.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Top Dog

i AM glad kahlua found a good home though.i feel so bad for the other dog, but hey, you still saved someone's life...i cant believe animal control. idiots!!!!
Old 09-21-2005, 09:07 PM
My best friend is furry.

Of course, I agree with luvmydogs, you're Kahlua's Angel.