Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Top Dog

Default Agility trial, emerg vet & a snow storm, Oh my!!

Good grief, what a couple of days.

It started with leaving on Thursday for an agility trial, since Petie's Chiro is in the same area I had booked apppointment for him. I had thought Petie was sore over his lower back because I knew he had crashed into a door jam racing another dog in the house. But at the appointment, she thought the soreness was from a possible UTI, unfortunately I had pee'd before going into the clinic. She told me to bring him back if I was concerned, that as long as he wanted to play to run him in agility but to get a urine sample into my at home vets on Monday.
On top of everything, my hemoglobins have been dropping along with a couple of other complications, which results in me being a poor handler. Friday starts out with a some very cruel Masters Gamblers, stupid me actually called my dog off the weaves in the Main Gamble which then sent him to the tunnel......lol poor Petie. However he was happy and wanted to play agility. Gambles were a bust........due to handler. But we earned another nice Steeplechase Q and 1st. Then I scratched him from the rest of his classes for the day.
Back at the hotel, I was worried about the amount of water he was drinking etc, so I took him back to the vets, they were kind enough to fit us in, we got a urine sample and it looks like he has a UTI. And is now on Anti-biotics.

Same advice applied for Saturday, if he wanted to play agility then run. He was certainly much better by the time our classes came about and wasn't drinking as much water as the day before. I however was feeling rather poor and according to others pale and I was really shakie during and especially after my runs......not a good sign.
At any rate, first run was a nice flowing Steeplechase, Q and a 1st, 2nd class was Masters Jumpers, Q and 1st, 3rd class was another Steeplechase but my butt was really dragging by then, we were off as a team so a NQ. I decided to scratch the rest of our runs and head home early. The ol boy and I needed a physical break lol.

Who had a blast and she was such a good girl in the hotel room, espeically with strange dogs as roomies

I just realized that Petie has earned another Title today, ExJ Bronze which is Masters Expert Jumpers Bronze.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Glad it was fun and congrats on the Qs and title! I'm so sorry about the health problems - his and even more so yours. Hopefully you both heal soon.

Sending vibes.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 01-10-2010, 12:09 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Wow. I am glad he got the steeplechases q's and titles tho I don't really understand what they mean. I also understand pushing hard to maintain the kind of life you want to have because anything else feels like giving up. I pray now that you can rest and Petie can rest. Sending loads of healing vibes to both of you.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 01-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Top Dog

I love that your "bad day" at agility is one that most of us would kill for on our GOOD days. I am sorry you are feeling poorly right now, and hope things even out quickly. Congratulations on the new title.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Top Dog

Good mixed with bad. It is so wonderful how he and you have accomplished so much and done so well. But I am really sorry that you're feeling crummy. His UTI will clear up soon, so I am not so worried about him. But your situation sounds more difficult. I do hope you'll level out soon. I'm so sorry you feel lousy. I hope you can get some rest soon.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-10-2010, 11:58 PM
Top Dog

Hey, thanks for the concern, but that wasn't suppose to be the message of the thread , to me it is the facts of my life now. And I hope it didn't read as a pity party. It wasn't a bad day or weekend except for Petie's UTI (and a $153.00 Vet bill). I scratched him from the runs for his sake because I know he would have ran and ran hard for me. And he doesn't deserve that, no matter how bad I want to play.
Besides the runs that we did have I am thrilled with, they were 'golden' and felt wonderful because we were so in synic with each other. Him never taking a wrong step and flying while I took some pretty cool short cuts )
Old 01-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Top Dog

He just sounds like a wonderful dog and you two obviously have a deep bond and understanding of each other. I think you made a good choice not to push him so hard till his UTI clears up. Who knows how they feel when they have those? I know how I have felt with them and I didn't feel like running, that's for sure. (Yup...those vet bills can be just awful)
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson