Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2004, 03:02 AM
chocolate chocolate is offline
Active Pup
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5
Default My dachshund consumed sauce and possibly a few onions!!!

I was incredibly careless to leave a bowl of sauce with some onions in it in the dining room. My little dog, Chocolate consumed some sauce and possibly some onions which I'm aware are toxic. Is there anything I should feed her to help balance it out or anything? Should I immediately take her to the vet? Of course I will be extra cautious from now on.

Thank you for your time,
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 03:59 AM
RD's Avatar
RD RD is offline
Are you dead yet?
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 15,572

how much did she eat? Personally I have had my dogs get into a sauce with onions before and they had no trouble.. How much onion was in this sauce? If you think she ate a lot of onion, I would take her to the vet. If she only ate a tiny bit and there was not much onion in the sauce, I personally wouldn't be TOO concerned but I would still keep a very watcful eye on her.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 09:18 PM
pitbulliest's Avatar
pitbulliest pitbulliest is offline
Top Dog
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,111

No no no..don't run to the vet..they'll just charge you for nonsense. Onions are toxic when fed in large amounts. If your dog had a few..well wait it out..I'm sure she'll be fine. The most she'll probably end up with is a little bit of for the sauce..what kind of sauce was it?... Alot of people feed their dogs human food and its really no big deal as long as its not junk food... I feed my dog a home cooked diet myself...

As long as it wasn't don't worry too much about it..just keep watch to make sure your pooch is fine..which I'm sure she will be.

Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 01:34 AM
chocolate chocolate is offline
Active Pup
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5

Oh she is fine now, thank you guys so much. I overreacted and I am going to be overly cautious from now on.

As for onions...she ate a fair amount but not enough to get diorrhea, she did pee a lot because she drank large quantities of water which worried me because of the possibility of a bloated stomach.

Thank you all so much for your help. ^_^ She is fine now except for something else. ^^;
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 09:47 AM
Renee750il's Avatar
Renee750il Renee750il is offline
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Where the selas blooms
Posts: 94,266

It's always something, isn't it. So far, in the last three weeks, Shiva has pilfered (from up high) and eaten 1 bag of very expensive raisins made from a variety of grapes (that I was really looking forward to); 3/4 of a bag of Oreos; 1/2 of a pack of dried apricots, adn 3/4 of a clamshell of chocolate mini-doughnuts. She had to rock the refrigerator to get the doughnuts to fall off of the top where they were stashed, presumably out of her reach!

She's had no ill effects whatsoever, except for a very irate owner. She's very fortunate that Charley doesn't know about his doughnuts; I went out and got another container . . .
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.

1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site