Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 01-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyWench View Post
i havent, i dont realy know much about them.
i always worry about the bulldogs (of any prefix) famous skin issues...
Like any breed you have to do your homework. There are some really good breeders who raise very healthly (Mentally and Physically) ABs.

if interested here are some good breeders who title in Schutzhund and do all the health testing.
KIWS (my favorite), Topline, Eastwing, Souza, Full Force NorCal are good places to start.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:39 PM
woof!

I wish I could seen one of this breeds in person, but no luck XD

Only bordeaux , neos and a mastiff pup of the big molosoids.

Ah! and it is spelled "presa" with only one "s" , you see.. presa means "prey" in spanish

Also "dam" but it depends on the occasion
Old 01-05-2010, 07:42 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post

Ah! and it is spelled "presa" with only one "s" , you see.. presa means "prey" in spanish

Also "dam" but it depends on the occasion
It can also mean Catch, Grip or Hold.....
Old 01-06-2010, 12:33 AM
Taxiderpy

Foxy, this just occurred to me so feel free to disregard if you've already considered them, but have you thought of an akita? That can be DA, but from what I have seen it's much less prevalent than in corsos or presas. They're an independent, naturally protective breed as well without that extra sharpness you were worried about in a CAS.

I know several individual akitas, and they are all extremely good with other dogs, including toy dogs. They're also not ones to tolerate intruders of any sort.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Foxy, this just occurred to me so feel free to disregard if you've already considered them, but have you thought of an akita? That can be DA, but from what I have seen it's much less prevalent than in corsos or presas. They're an independent, naturally protective breed as well without that extra sharpness you were worried about in a CAS.

I know several individual akitas, and they are all extremely good with other dogs, including toy dogs. They're also not ones to tolerate intruders of any sort.
I am not an Akita expert, but from the ones I have know they seem to be pretty DA even compared to a Presa. I also wouldn't say they are less sharp than a well-bred CAS. I could be wrong but that is my understanding.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstaffer View Post
I am not an Akita expert, but from the ones I have know they seem to be pretty DA even compared to a Presa. I also wouldn't say they are less sharp than a well-bred CAS. I could be wrong but that is my understanding.
hmm, the ones I know personally are from show lines, so maybe that's why they seem softer. Not that they are soft dogs by any means, but they definitely haven't been as tightly wound as the presas and corsos. That might account for the lesser DA as well. I'd consider those dogs more challenging than a GSD for sure, but not as much as a tibetan mastiff or a dogo, etc.

Plus they make good draft dogs.