Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 07:01 PM
Top Dog

Because he hasn't graduated from grade 3 yet....GAWD I'm getting so frustrated *tries to keep her cool*
Old 09-26-2004, 07:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il

It is also true that very intelligent dogs are often much more difficult to train than more complacent dogs less apt to think independently.
LOL! Brady must be the smartest dog in the world!
I am just kidding, he is so smart just very stubborn!

Sorry I didn't mean to change the subject, I was just trying to have a little fun.

FacezofDeath - learning is Great! criticizing is not....just ask questions you really want to know the answers to and keep out opinions and you will be fine.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:28 PM
Ass Lover

Old 09-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Are you dead yet?

They look like a tiny, tailless version of my Shiner dog.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:19 AM
Active Pup

Temperament

The Schipperke are quick, energetic little dogs. This is a big dog in a little dog's body. Hot-tempered, high-spirited, self-confident and protective. They are wary of strangers and may seem somewhat aloof, but are actually very devoted and loyal, especially with children. It really bonds to its master. Determined and alert, the Schipperke will defend its territory, whether it is an apartment or a piece of land, against both two-legged and four-legged intruders. If someone new visits, they will adopt a watchful position. Pet cats will be happily accepted and they are usually good with other dogs. They are very smart, curious and mischievous. Can be willful, but is usually easy to train as it is intelligent and eager to learn. The Schipperke likes to howl and bark. These dogs do exceptionally well on boats. Among the Schipperke's best qualities are the ability to defend its home against intruders - backing down from nobody, and of being an excellent friend to children. Some can be difficult to housebreak.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/schipperke.htm
Old 09-27-2004, 03:21 PM
FaceZ Of DeaTh

its not the quiz on animal planet its the dog breed directory and we all know a border collie is smarter than a siberian husky certain thing are obvious
Old 09-27-2004, 04:32 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceZ Of DeaTh
yep they were made small so they could guard boats just like u said. but they are stupid lil dogs and realy hard to train.
FaceZ Of DeaTh, dude (actually in the begining I was under impression that you were teenage girl) ... really how old are you? ... my guess is about 15.. 17 tops. Anyway... thats not the point ... teh point is you should try to "show off" a bit less. In your first msg you ask about the Schipperke ... because you do NOT know about the breed, presumably right?. And then in your next msg you come out with straight up statement qouted above, as if you are an expert. Doesn't make any sence. You ask a question, and then you answer it yourself, what is that all about? Now I dont beleive you have just made what you said up. My asumption is that you have read something like that somewhere, although Im sure they didn't call the breed stupid. So if you so badly wanted to tell everyone what you said, you should have started it something like this "I have recently read (or heard) in such and such, implying that this breed is such and such ...". My point is ... even if what you said about the Schipperke is true, which is probably not (I am not an expert either), don't try to pass it as if it is you who has the say so abo
ut the breed ... because as you have implied by starting this thred, yo dont know jack! ... In fact you were ASKING for help. It almost seems that when you ask a question, you alredy expect a certain answer, and when teh answer is not what you would like it to be, you start "misbehaving". Get a life!

Last edited by Renee750il; 09-27-2004 at 05:04 PM. Reason: errrr. . . vernacular
Old 09-27-2004, 04:58 PM
Are you dead yet?

Thank you Arkady...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceZ Of DeaTh
its not the quiz on animal planet its the dog breed directory and we all know a border collie is smarter than a siberian husky certain thing are obvious
Actually, Siberians are very smart, but since they are not uber-obedient like the BC, many people think that they are unintelligent. Some of the smartest dogs don't CARE what you want them to do, simply BECAUSE of their intelligence. They are 'thinkers'.

For example, a Siberian Husky or, Renee would know this one, a Fila Brasileiro, will actually THINK about what you tell them to do, and weigh the benefits vs. consequences before obeying or blowing off a command. THAT is intelligence. Not saying that Border Collies AREN'T inteligent, but they are *in general* much more willing to please. (Tell that to my dominant little control freak. )

By the way, FOD, how old are you? I'm just curious, 'cause I can picture you about my age.. (14-15) Not meaning to insult you if you are older, though.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:26 PM
FaceZ Of DeaTh

dude my age doesnt matter. by the way im 10. and a lot smarter for my age than you old uneducated geesers. what does age have to to do with a dog breed discusion.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:18 PM
Active Pup

You funny. With the discusion, nothing. But with the way one handels the discusion, everything.