Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-16-2009, 07:25 AM
My dog tickles my soul

Default Does your dog have a favorite flavor?

Morgan goes nuts over anything with pumpkin. My friend at Doggie Delights made some pumpkin sample-size treats for an expo early in the fall, and Morgan spent the entire time sitting in front of the booth, staring at the treats. More recently, I found a local dog bakery who makes pumpkin treats for the Thanksgiving season, so I bought a 1lb bag of them. Morgan was cycling through all this tricks before I even got all the way into the house!

To be fair, Morgan loves his treats, but the pumpkin ones really make him dance.

On the flipside, is there a flavor that your dogs/pets absolutely WILL NOT eat? I haven't come across anything with Morgan yet, but I used to have a rat (Poke, RIP) that refused anything strawberry, whether it be the fresh fruit or artificially flavored. She wanted nothing to do with it.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:26 AM
Top Dog

By far, Maya's favorite flavor is cheese. It can be real cheese, cheese crackers, cream cheese, anything cheese. She will stare at it like she's on a mission, until of course we break down and give her some!

The one thing she likes the least, strangely enough, is pretzels. She usually likes crackers or bread, but give her a pretzel and she'll spit it out! We discovered this last weekend, when we made Chex Mix. She approved of the little Chex pieces, though!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:44 AM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by umterps97 View Post
By far, Maya's favorite flavor is cheese. It can be real cheese, cheese crackers, cream cheese, anything cheese. She will stare at it like she's on a mission, until of course we break down and give her some!

The one thing she likes the least, strangely enough, is pretzels. She usually likes crackers or bread, but give her a pretzel and she'll spit it out! We discovered this last weekend, when we made Chex Mix. She approved of the little Chex pieces, though!

Mmmmmm... cheese.

I don't blame her for disliking pretzels. I'm not really a fan, either.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Top Dog

The pretzel thing was funny, because she'll try just about anything we give her. But with the pretzels, it was instantaneous....as soon as it went in her mouth, she spit it out! She doesn't even spit out medicine that fast!
Old 12-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Wookie Collie

Finn will do backflips for liver and/or cheese. Not sure which is the favorite between the two.

He dislikes onions, thankfully. Matt tried giving him a piece of onion once (before I scolded him - he didn't know it was toxic and now I have a list of dog-toxic foods on the fridge) and he scoffed at it.

He also dislikes broccoli, just like any good one-year-old boy should.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 12-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Big Dog

Sadie goes crazy for anything NEW. If she doesn't recognize the smell she does flips.

She will not eat fish.

-Jessica, Reed (10/09) & Sadie (02/08)
Read all about Reed's adventures in our blog: Reed the WHV
Old 12-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Collies&Terriers, Oh My!

Malcolm is the picky one ... he won't touch a treat that has garlic in it. Favorites ... he loves texture vs taste. Soft treats are the best!

The girls ... they eat first, ask questions later!

~Smooth Collies~

URO1 CH "Smidgen" RA,WW-RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)
URO2 CH "Dora" RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)

~American Hairless Terriers (coated)~
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "OE" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "Spud" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
Old 12-16-2009, 09:01 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
Finn will do backflips for liver and/or cheese. Not sure which is the favorite between the two.

He dislikes onions, thankfully. Matt tried giving him a piece of onion once (before I scolded him - he didn't know it was toxic and now I have a list of dog-toxic foods on the fridge) and he scoffed at it.

He also dislikes broccoli, just like any good one-year-old boy should.
Hmmm... the list on the fridge is a good idea. We don't generally make a habit of giving Morgan "people-food" (with the exception of plain deli meat and peanut butter) but that is still a handy reference to have available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesirose View Post
Sadie goes crazy for anything NEW. If she doesn't recognize the smell she does flips.

She will not eat fish.
Not eat fish? That is interesting. I used to get these dried salmon treats by Eagle Pack, before our locally owned petstore closed... I can't find them anymore. Anyways, they were very popular in our house for a loooong time... Morgan loved them, and so did the cats.

I suppose that there are plenty of humans that don't care for fish, though, so I guess it can be the same for pets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colliewog View Post
Malcolm is the picky one ... he won't touch a treat that has garlic in it. Favorites ... he loves texture vs taste. Soft treats are the best!

The girls ... they eat first, ask questions later!
I bolded my favorite part. This is a lot like Morgan, too. Whenever I give him a new, different kind of treat it's "OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH-... what is this?" Sometimes he'll stop and drop it for consideration a moment, but always after it's entered his mouth first.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Yorkie Love

Mine are odd, they will eat pretty much anything... they are as excited to get some broccoli as they are to get Filet Mignon.... which is good because I like to add fresh veggies to their food.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Puppy Dog

Pete used to LOVE Peanut Butter flavored anything! Yet again, there wasn't anything he wasn't fond of as far as food went, haha.

Tobi however hates Peanut Butter. He barely will ever eat it. He prefers Chicken, or even Honey.