Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 12-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Chihuahua Power!

He's really, really cute.

I see beagle and shepherd, but it's really hard to pinpoint anything.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 12-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Tweleve Enthusiest

I could agree with beagle. Maybe some flavor of terrier and spitz.

Whatever he is, I wanna give him smooches. That is the cutest face. I absolutely love his eyes. I hope he finds a home fast!

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 12-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Top Dog

I can't believe he HASN'T found a home yet. I am absolutely in love with the dog. I gave him a bath and although he clearly wanted out he didn't get upset with me at all and continued to enjoy the petting he got in the tub. He was happy to see me after the bath too. He was really responsive too. You could get his attention fairly easily and if you called him and made welcoming gestures he ran right over. when playing tug if I held the toy up he would jump once or twice but would rethink it and try sitting. I don't know if he had previous training or is just good at training.

The weird thing was his reaction to a family that came to see him. Now when he first met me we were quick friends, I reached out and he was happy to leap on me and get petting and play tug. But when this family came in he acted SO scared of them, he clearly was most fearful of the boy (he was like 8), followed by the dad, then daughter (like 12) and was most comfortable, although still weary, with the mother. He would dodge their hands but didn't stay completely away. He would come to me and let me pet him normally when they were around but just wouldn't let them touch him. After a half hour or so he had finally warmed up to the daughter and if someone was already petting him he'd let the son pet him but he continued to dart away if the son approached by himself. The family didn't see put off by it, not even the boy who really liked the dog, but clearly they decided it wasn't a good match.

Perhaps that is why he has no home yet, he's a completely different dog around kids.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 12-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Terrier Terror

I see chow for sure maybe chow puggle?
Old 12-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy24 View Post
I can't believe he HASN'T found a home yet. I am absolutely in love with the dog. I gave him a bath and although he clearly wanted out he didn't get upset with me at all and continued to enjoy the petting he got in the tub. He was happy to see me after the bath too. He was really responsive too. You could get his attention fairly easily and if you called him and made welcoming gestures he ran right over. when playing tug if I held the toy up he would jump once or twice but would rethink it and try sitting. I don't know if he had previous training or is just good at training.

The weird thing was his reaction to a family that came to see him. Now when he first met me we were quick friends, I reached out and he was happy to leap on me and get petting and play tug. But when this family came in he acted SO scared of them, he clearly was most fearful of the boy (he was like 8), followed by the dad, then daughter (like 12) and was most comfortable, although still weary, with the mother. He would dodge their hands but didn't stay completely away. He would come to me and let me pet him normally when they were around but just wouldn't let them touch him. After a half hour or so he had finally warmed up to the daughter and if someone was already petting him he'd let the son pet him but he continued to dart away if the son approached by himself. The family didn't see put off by it, not even the boy who really liked the dog, but clearly they decided it wasn't a good match.

Perhaps that is why he has no home yet, he's a completely different dog around kids.
Maybe it's a sign that he needs to become a chaz dog.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Just try me..

Considering his size I would say spitz, or pei and terrier. Very cute.. hope he finds a home
Old 12-21-2009, 04:26 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy24 View Post
I see he has dew claws on front AND back...........how common is that? Perhaps that could be another clue to help narrow it down?

He is VERY adorable! I am surprised he hasn't been snatched up already too
Old 12-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Collies&Terriers, Oh My!

FWIW - I've seen BYB Shelties and GSDs with the rear dewclaws ...

~Smooth Collies~

URO1 CH "Smidgen" RA,WW-RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)
URO2 CH "Dora" RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)

~American Hairless Terriers (coated)~
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "OE" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "Spud" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
Old 12-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
I see he has dew claws on front AND back...........how common is that? Perhaps that could be another clue to help narrow it down?

He is VERY adorable! I am surprised he hasn't been snatched up already too
Kaiden has rears, and throws rears, even double dew claws.