Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-17-2009, 01:57 AM
Show Dog

If anyone can find a food (or even a remotely food-like item) that Domino won't eat, I'll give you a gold star. I caught her trying to eat a freaking thumb tack the other day!

Jasmine isn't too terribly picky although she's no Domino. I think her favorite thing is her raw medallions. She always hops and prances around with them before eating them and she eats them faster than I ever expected.

Jasmine's really funny because she'll take anything we offer her. She doesn't like any kind of vegetable but if we hand it to her she'll take it, spit it out and then look at us to do it all over again. We could hand her 20 green beans in a row and she'd take every one of them before spitting them out on the floor (where Domino would clean them up).
Old 12-17-2009, 03:40 AM
and Fozzie B!

Fozzie likes the flavor of metal. I swear! He will voraciously lick zippers, studs, etc. As far as edibles, he likes anything, but pork (raw) makes him go crayzay!!!

Gonzo loves cheese. He's very cheesey.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 12-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Twin 2.0

Does "toddler" count? That's Vegas favorite treat.

Sawyer loooooooves cheese. "Will commit mortal sins for cheese."
Old 12-17-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm All Ears

Mia is a bottomless hole. Summer seems to prefer the flavor of 'horse poop'.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:24 AM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoodleMommy View Post
Mine are odd, they will eat pretty much anything... they are as excited to get some broccoli as they are to get Filet Mignon.... which is good because I like to add fresh veggies to their food.
I haven't really given Morgan much by way of fresh veggies, though once I dropped a piece of carrot on the floor (maybe the size of a quarter). He never really figured out how to eat it, though I thought think it was a matter of dislike as much as it was general confusion. Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiba Rawr View Post
Pete used to LOVE Peanut Butter flavored anything! Yet again, there wasn't anything he wasn't fond of as far as food went, haha.

Tobi however hates Peanut Butter. He barely will ever eat it. He prefers Chicken, or even Honey.
Ah yes, Morgan is a big fan of the peanut butter, too. I would probably say that is his second favorite after pumpkin.

I do find it interesting that you have a dog that doesn't like peanut butter. I thought all dogs liked peanut butter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabobisa View Post
If anyone can find a food (or even a remotely food-like item) that Domino won't eat, I'll give you a gold star. I caught her trying to eat a freaking thumb tack the other day!

Jasmine isn't too terribly picky although she's no Domino. I think her favorite thing is her raw medallions. She always hops and prances around with them before eating them and she eats them faster than I ever expected.

Jasmine's really funny because she'll take anything we offer her. She doesn't like any kind of vegetable but if we hand it to her she'll take it, spit it out and then look at us to do it all over again. We could hand her 20 green beans in a row and she'd take every one of them before spitting them out on the floor (where Domino would clean them up).
Your description of Jasmine eating green beans make me LOL! That is too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
Fozzie likes the flavor of metal. I swear! He will voraciously lick zippers, studs, etc. As far as edibles, he likes anything, but pork (raw) makes him go crayzay!!!

Gonzo loves cheese. He's very cheesey.
Morgan licks the carpet occasionally. I guess that would be his favorite non-edible... Lol! I didn't even consider non-edibles being a possibility when making this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Does "toddler" count? That's Vegas favorite treat.

Sawyer loooooooves cheese. "Will commit mortal sins for cheese."
Toddler... hmmm... that is an interesting response... Does she like to eat them or just taste (lick) them?

Don't think I'm going to try offering any toddler to Morgan anytime soon, but tell me, is it similar to chicken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Mia is a bottomless hole. Summer seems to prefer the flavor of 'horse poop'.
Eww!
Old 12-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Top Dog

hha..everything! bad or good..as long as it has a flavor! ..lol.

however, he loooves treats and peanut butter..and once in a while i'll let him lick the bacon fat off my fingers after i touched some..he is one super happy dog then.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Top Dog

Chevy, anything that can fit in her mouth. My mom was once throwing away a kleenex and she grabbed it, it was used to!. Zane and Abby prefer deer parts the hunters leave around. Deputy is the pickest dog on earth, he does not like Milk Bones, or most human foods. He does like the yellow colored dog treats though. All four hate olives.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfox426 View Post
Not eat fish? That is interesting. I used to get these dried salmon treats by Eagle Pack, before our locally owned petstore closed... I can't find them anymore. Anyways, they were very popular in our house for a loooong time... Morgan loved them, and so did the cats.

I suppose that there are plenty of humans that don't care for fish, though, so I guess it can be the same for pets!
It was pretty hilarious. It was a guppy, and the cats (ex husband's cats) got them as part of their raw diet, as 'treats'. She got a leftover one. She was going crazy, doing all her tricks, so I tossed it to her as a treat. She caught it, and spat it out. Then she picked it up with the edge of her teeth, carried it around and licked it. She refused to eat it! But it was new so she wanted it.

-Jessica, Reed (10/09) & Sadie (02/08)
Read all about Reed's adventures in our blog: Reed the WHV
Old 12-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Blow. Me. Away.

Georgia has always been extremely picky about what food she eats and doesn't eat. She hates hard and crunchy treats, and she doesn't really enjoy bones, either - unless they're pig ears. She loves the soft liver treats in this burgundy colored plastic bag at the pet store - those are her favorite. She'll do cheese and hot dogs, but they're not her favorite.

Kenai - I'm not exactly sure. I haven't worked with him and treats much, but he lives the crunchy liver treats that are free at the local vet clinic. He's a big fan of those!

Old 12-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

Upendi is the pickiest eater on the planet. If she were a person I'm pretty sure she'd be anorexic, her favorite would be carob (like carob chip cookies).

Mina is a bottomless pit and will eat pretty much anything you give her. She loves apples though.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet

Last edited by Upendi&Mina; 12-19-2009 at 06:04 PM.