Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-09-2005, 02:31 PM
user not active

Default Small dogs picking fights?

Dont you just hate when a small dog picks a fight with a huge dog?

Its so annoying trying to rescue that little thing. Today got my hand almost crushed because some small dog decided it would be fun to fight my guy.

Luckily, if it wasnt for my hand it would have been dogs head crushed.

So now my thumb hurts
Old 09-09-2005, 02:34 PM
Saint Bernard Mix Slave

YES it gets extremly annoying. Pixie could step on a number of little dogs and crush them. She almost broke my finger early when she stepped on my hand.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Fila Love

Maggie gets her self in more trouble this way. This morning Brutus got near her9didn't touch her) and she starts this nasty little growl. Then Roxie comes running to see that Brutus is alright and she is growling and then Brutus, because Roxie is on edge starts barking at Maggie and Maggie is now doing this nasty deep growl, and Roxie is on one side of her and Brutus on the other. Maggie gets to testy at times. I had to make everybody calm down and go lay down. Thank goodness Roxie minds well. She could eat Maggie.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:37 PM
I love my dog Neko

my small dogs dose that to my dog and it funny because she lays under the pillows and he will walk by and my little dog will go after him and her will run back under the pillow and my big dog will jump up and lay on the pillow it funny.

"You will turn into what you really are deep deep down in your heart."
"I'm bologna deep down in my heart.'
"yes yes you are"
"That just dumb."
"Dumb like a moose Dib. Dumb like a moose." From Inviter Zim

"I'm nether man nor beast. I feel nothing." for wolf's rain Darcia's
Old 09-09-2005, 03:56 PM
:( only one :(

My little dog Boomer LOVES big dogs. I think his loving is a bit overwhelming with some big dogs..lol. All you see is this little brown blob with an orbital tail in constant motion trying to lick the big doggies’ faces.....if I was a big dog I think it would scare me also.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Fila Love

With Roxie being 30lbs. overweight she wouldn't have to eat Maggie she could sit on her and squish her. You would think Maggie would have enough snap to realize this. Roxie and Maggie were fine until Brutus moved in, not overly close (Maggie would not play with Roxie), But Roxie ignored her when she got testy. I am not sure if it is a jealousy thing with Maggie. But it made me extremely nervous this morning. Brutus is now 63 lbs and almost as tall as Roxie. What if this started and I wasn't around? It starts with Brutus getting near Maggie, and of course Brutus being 4 months old,Just jumps around that much more and is starting to get his own little growl bark going, and Maggie gets more angry, etc. Brutus is a little pushy at times. Ok, very pushy at times. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:59 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giny
My little dog Boomer LOVES big dogs. I think his loving is a bit overwhelming with some big dogs..lol. All you see is this little brown blob with an orbital tail in constant motion trying to lick the big doggies’ faces.....if I was a big dog I think it would scare me also.

Not that...

small dog coming up in a agressive stance, i.e. ears up, tail up, chest forward and growling...

Not too smart.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:10 PM
chowchow

Kokomo is that way. He seems to think he's bigger than he is. People will ask how my dogs do with that little Kokomo, because my dogs could hurt him so badly. I tell them Kokomo beats up my dogs. They look at Kokomo, then at my dogs and say no way! Then they watch it and see exactly what I'm talking about.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:20 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca_
Kokomo is that way. He seems to think he's bigger than he is. People will ask how my dogs do with that little Kokomo, because my dogs could hurt him so badly. I tell them Kokomo beats up my dogs. They look at Kokomo, then at my dogs and say no way! Then they watch it and see exactly what I'm talking about.

Not all dogs are as strong as Kokomo
Old 09-09-2005, 04:28 PM
chowchow

My husband says Kokomo is like an annoying flea. My dogs have alot of patience, alot of dogs wouldnt put up with how Kokomo acts sometimes.