Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 12-14-2009, 07:24 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

Default Is this a good breeder?

I actually can only find two breeders of Azawakhs in america!
If neither one of them seems to be a good breeder, looks like i might start looking in to sloughis

Please tell me what you think!

Kel Simoon Azawakh
Old 12-14-2009, 07:28 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

actually, i have been reading up one these dogs for a while now. and I JUST read an article on that breeders websites talking about them being aggressive. and they are trying to breed "freindly ones" WTF!?
I would have to think this one through. luckily it will be years before a third dog. plenty of time for hubby and I to rethink
Old 12-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Just try me..

I very much like this:

Quote:
Our goals are to:

* Breed Azawakhs you can live with (i.e., good temperament)
* Breed Azawakhs that can live (i.e., good health)
* Breed Azawakhs that are functional and are beautiful to look at.

To this end, we breed only to dogs with good temperament. We screen our breeding dogs for thyroid and autoimmune function, hip dysplasia, and eye problems. We will willingly share and discuss these test results with potential Azawakh owners, feeling that it is vitally important that people should be able to make an informed decision about the dog with which they choose to share their life

Our dogs are raised as naturally and holistically as possible. We feed an all natural human grade kibble, along with fresh food additives and utilize an abbreviated vaccination protocol. We feel that the dogs are healthier and happier when raised this way.
I like that they title their dogs. I love that they build a ramp for the geriatric ones to make it in the house! Seems like all their dogs are not only show dogs, breeding dogs but also much loved pets.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Top Dog

I personally am very leery sites . I know would never had advertised and I know of many good breeders who don't either /

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 12-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
I personally am very leery sites . I know would never had advertised and I know of many good breeders who don't either /
These days most top kennels do Grammy. Its not always for advertizing its also to promote the breed and get recognition. Its a way to show people what your line has done.

There was no internet back in your day grammy Think of it like people who took out ads in breed magazines to show that their dog just went Ch, or OTch etc.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:40 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

if there are only two breeders in america how else would anyone know about the litters!?
Old 12-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsarebetter View Post
if there are only two breeders in america how else would anyone know about the litters!?
Are there really only two breeders in the states, or have you only been able to find two breeders? Have you got in touch with the breed's club and asked? For a rare breeder, that would be my first source to go to.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Top Dog

I'm not justing talking about back when . I know of many top Goldens today and done are selling on line .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 12-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
I'm not justing talking about back when . I know of many top Goldens today and done are selling on line .
This breeder isn't selling on line either.

I have a website and I would NEVER sell on line. I agree that selling on line is horrible. But to have a site where people can see your dogs and their accomplishments is a wonderful thing.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I don't know one good breeder who has a paypal button.

Personally, I like breeders who have websites (and keep them UTD). I do like learning what litters they are planning, the outcome (especially when they update them with photos when the puppies are older), what they have, what they plan on showing, their health test results (if they make them public), looking at further photos of their dogs, etc. etc. I am in touch with a breeder overseas, and keep up to date on one of her dog's (who I LOVE) show results via her website (and she posts the photos of the win, allowing me to drool even more over him ). I wouldn't have this opportunity if she didn't have a site.

Maybe if you consider it to be more of a "bragging" site, you'd approve? Dunno.