Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 12-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

Default RIP baby....

This might be an odd memorial, but I felt it needed to be said.

To make a short story long, I found an injured baby rat on Thanksgiving. I though he was going to die anytime soon so I put him in a cardboard box to make him comfortable and gave him water though an eyedropper. As the day progressed, he grew livelier, finally escaping. I felt he couldn't survive yet, he couldn't use one leg, so I cuaght him again. The next morning he was dead. I felt awful for keeping him in a cage for the last bit of his life. I keep on thinking what I could of done differently. When I found him, he was still slightly warm so I cupped him in my hands and blew on him, trying to make him wake up. I was slightly angry at him for dying. After ten minutes of holding him, I put him under a blanket just to make sure he wasn't faking it. I buried him later on.

I guess the reason I was so sad because of his death because he reminded me of our three "foster" squirrels. We had to feed them milk and and I was the main feeder. They all three died by infection we thing and I have blamed myself for letting them die. I seriously loved my baby squirrels.

Soo, this is a much needed memorial for my babies....RIP fellows, each and everyone one of you, including you baby rat boy. I loved you.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:24 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I have a passion for anything infant and a soft spot for squirrels too. I lost one and know just how you feel. Rip wee babes.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,