Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 12-13-2009, 12:10 PM
tessa_s212

Default anyone else use Feline Pine?

I'm looking into it.. I like that it is "green", of course I like that it supposedly saves money.

Any opinions? Yay? Nay?
Old 12-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Top Dog

I did for a little while, but I never really loved it. I thought it was kind of messy when it turned into the sawdust and I didn't feel it kept the smell down very well. Other people love it, though, so who knows
Old 12-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Top Dog

I use it for my cats and I love it. The sawdust can be kind of messy if your cat is over zealous with burying. One of my boys ends up kicking the sawdust over the edge of the box sometimes making a mess on the floor. If your cat won't object to a covered litter box though it shouldn't be much of a problem. I think it covers odors great.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Top Dog

I used it simply because our box at the time was in a tile bathroom and stepping on clay litter barefoot HURTS! The pine of course didn't feel like standing on sharp rocks when kicked out of the box.

I developed an allergy to the dust so we stopped using it when we moved.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Top Dog

Try wood stove pellets. As far as I know, they're the same thing only cheaper.

I used it for rabbit litter. With rabbits, you can't really scoop anyways so a box change is a total box change every time. I'm not sure how that would pan out with cats because you want to scoop out the urine spots, right? And this stuff doesn't clump (unless I'm mistaken on the product).
Old 12-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Yorkie Love

I never liked it... it was a mess, more so then most litter.

But I do know a lot of people swear by the stuff.

Thats the nice thing about litter though, try it out and you can always switch next bag if you dont like it.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:40 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

I used wood stove pellets for the rabbits too. I think that feline pine is pretty well the same thing, but double the price.
I like it for the bunnies.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:05 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

They have a clumping cat litter, too. I love it.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
I'm not sure how that would pan out with cats because you want to scoop out the urine spots, right? And this stuff doesn't clump (unless I'm mistaken on the product).
That is true, the wooden pellets don't clump. I have two boxes for my two cats, one covered and one uncovered. They will use the covered box but both seem to prefer the uncovered box since it gets used the most. I scoop both daily for poop, but when it gets wet the pellets turn into sawdust. Since the uncovered box is pretty much entirely dust at the end of the week I do a complete litter change on that one every week. The other box only gets a full change every couple of weeks because there is hardly ever any dust in that one.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:16 AM
Top Dog

I used it for his Pussiness, and I would never use anything else. He wasn't neutered until almost 9 years old, and he had that nasty old geriatric male cat pee smell. It was horrible. The pine litter cut the smell in half, and he seemed to like it a lot.
It doesn't clump, but he wouldn't use clumping litter anyway, and he didn't dig much (or even cover most of the time) so I didn't have a dust problem.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.