Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-12-2009, 03:10 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Default What Do I Do?

A owner of 2 poodles the breeder I am sitting for bred called. He has been evicted and will know in a few days if he can keep the dogs or not. The breeder is in Mexico and I cant get ahold of her. I know she's a good breeder and if the safety of the dogs is in jepordy would take them, or if they cant keep them would take them. But do I tell the owner to bring them here? And when the breeder gets home suprise 2 new dogs?

The owner will call back in a few days when he knows more.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 12-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Active Pup

That definitely sounds like a complicated situation. Why is the guy being evicted?
Old 12-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Taxiderpy

How long is the breeder going to be gone for? Personally, I'd tell the owner to bring them over if he can't keep them. Hopefully he'll be able to keep his dogs and it won't be an issue, but in the breeder's shoes I'd rather have my pups safe at home instead of on craigslist or a shelter.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:18 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Managed to get a hold of the breeder via facebook. She is ok with having them here.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 12-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Top Dog

Jenn, I am glad you got a hold of her. My response was going to be that as a breeder of the dogs I would want them to come home. Although I may have been surprised to see them when I got home, I would be upset to find out something had happened to them, just because I was unavailable by being out of the country.

Happy it worked out.