Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-10-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm All Ears

Jess that's awful!

Liz maybe just mention to them that owls are a real danger. I know a lot of people don't even think about that.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Water Junkie

I don't really have any contact with these neighbors. :-/

We'll see if it's still there in a few days. I'm hoping I'm wrong and this isn't there dog. They don't seem like dog people at all.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 12-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Puppy Dog

But why would they put up a pen and a doghouse for a dog that isn't theirs or that won't be there for extended periods of time? Makes no sense.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Love my BC and Pap!

Oh no, not a pap! My Pap can't stay out in the cold for more than 10 minutes before shivering his little butt off....I can't imagine what's it like for a little toy puppy!

I think if you see a repeat of this you should NOT hesitate to talk to them.

made by Esther @ disneydreams-boards.org
Old 12-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjjean View Post
But why would they put up a pen and a doghouse for a dog that isn't theirs or that won't be there for extended periods of time? Makes no sense.
Because whenever they come to visit (holidays, summer, etc) the dog almost, without fail, gets loose many times during the visit.

I know....

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 12-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Salty Sea Dog

i dont even let jasper whos 6lbs out alone during broard daylight thanks to some very large hawks who have dived at him, the wowies forget it, dodger has to be supervised at all times outside as a hawk could take him since hes only 3lbs...

then theres the owls overnight...

plus all manner of other predators and dangers.

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 12-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Top Dog

the guy behind me did that. One day a dog house was there, behind his shed, but right against my fence. Next day his deaf AB pup was tied out there. Poor dog would have his food eaten by the birds because he couldn't hear them. I played with him and gave him water. He was a nice dog and deserved better. Finally I called the SPCA since I was the one doing most of the caring for him. They made him clean up the area and a few days later someone was there to take the dog from him, he ended up giving it away. He didn't talk to me for a year because he knew I had called, but whenever I'd mention that his dog didn't have any food or water, or he was wrapped around something and couldn't move so I helped free him, he wouldn't say anything or do anything to prevent it from happening again. Hopefully the dog is in a good home now. I posted about this a couple years ago and had some very "creative" suggestions on how to deal with it.

Lizmo, I'd try and talk to them first, if that does no good, monitor the situation and if they have any kind of "code" type violation, report them.

Yeah, I'm one of them too.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Water Junkie

I went outside last night, and sure enough it was there again with the light on. I went outside again this morning and saw it out doing some play bows and wiggles for the dog in the fence beside it (the other neighbor's dog). This time I got my big lens out and zoomed up. It's not a Pap. It looks like a Cocker or Britney type puppy. It's definitely a puppy from the way it was acting around the other dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanL View Post
Lizmo, I'd try and talk to them first, if that does no good, monitor the situation and if they have any kind of "code" type violation, report them.
We don't have any codes or rules for out neighbrohood. And there are no rules from the city concerning anything.

l ~Jennifer~ l
Old 12-11-2009, 09:38 AM
<--------Orson

Awe no..........I was hoping that wasn't the case It really stinks when there is nothing you can do legally, and nothing you can do "neighborly" except cause hard feelings. *sigh*

Sorry Liz, but it sounds like you might be in for some heartache to witness with tied hands
Old 12-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Top Dog

I was talking more about the conditions for the dog- lack of food, fresh water, shelter, etc.

Yeah, I'm one of them too.