Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-08-2005, 07:30 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Default Toy help please

As some of you heard Lucas LOVES to play and shred up the dust buster (for pics go here http://chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10898 ). This is his FAVORITE thing to play with. He isn't real interested in any of his other toys. He plays with them somtimes, but not a lot and never as excited as he was with the duster! I was wondering if anyone could suggest a type of toy that he might enjoy?
Old 09-09-2005, 07:53 AM
Top Dog

What kind of toys you have?
Old 09-09-2005, 08:01 AM
My pets love me they do

what about one of those ropes that are thick and tied at each end that you can throw and play catch. Nalla loves this and will spend hrs running with it then stopping to throw it in the air and catch it again. I will have to see if I cant get a pic of that because it is to funny

Old 09-09-2005, 08:17 AM
yuckaduck

Ropes, rawhide chews [supervised], peanut butter stuffed Kong [freeze it for longer lasting time]
Old 09-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Top Dog

we always gave oakley the milk carton when we were finished with it...he loooves playing...and when he got bored, we kick it across the room, and the fun starts all over...

also water bottles...i am guessing he likes the noise it makes when he plays with them

those are some nice cheap toys...last only about one play session though, lol, cause once oakley has decided he has destroyed it to his satisfaction, he wont play with it anymore.

oakley also likes his ball with the rope going through it...even though when he runs with it, the ball hits him in the head...but the ball is supposed to be big enough to he cant put his jaws around it (of course oakley manages to, and then it pops out sometimes, and he gets all frustrated)

thats about all i can think of now!

Thanks Jessie!

Old 09-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Walks into Mordor

Zeus loves the toy we found for him at Petco. It's a foot-long piece of fire hose, stuffed and sewn very securely at the ends. He loves it because it's soft and has a squeaker inside. I love it because it's the only soft chewie that has lasted longer than 10 minutes.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Stare at my avatar....

Since he likes feathery things so much, why not a really really furry toy? They DO make ones that last more than a week, lol

It's all fun and games until someone loses and eyeball...then it's PING PONG!!!

Dain bramaged
Old 09-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Ok, I have some stuffed animal like toys, a rope toy, a rubber tug toy, a kong, a few balls, a fuzzy stuffed toy with a squeeker, and he had some of those treat toys your roll and the treats come out. He doesn't like any of those that much! I mean I can get him playing with them for a little while, but he never get's too into it or excited about any of the toys. He LOVES tearing the fluff out of the stuffed toys and then playing with just the fabric. He also likes toys with squeekers.

He doesn't have a real drive to chase balls or ropes that much, but seems to like tug-of-war. I'll see if I can find that firehose thing you suggested gempress! Maybe he'll like that.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Felurian

I wish I could remember the name of a toy I got for Shiva. It might be perfect for Lucas. It's on a loop of heavy nylon cord, and is a big ball, about five inches across made of some sort of tyvek like stuff that is almost like a very tight, super-tough bath scrubby thing with a solid core. Shiva loves it! And she's never demolished it . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

oh I also had an orbee ball thing that you suggested renee. He like that one, but it dissapeared after the first few days. lol I might get another one of those.