Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 12-07-2009, 10:49 PM
just call me Nilly

I totally understand the temperament issues. Matt had two Goldens growing up. Both of unstable temperaments, one actually was returned to the breeder and eventually PTS because it bit 4 people.

I need to do this properly if we're going to do it at all. I have no problem standing up for the decision to go through a reputable breeder

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 12-08-2009, 12:21 AM
Taxiderpy

Charlie's breeder only recently started working with griffons. Her passion always has been and will be goldens. She's been breeding golden for something like a couple/few decades.

Honestly, I'd never cared much for goldens. I'd only met BYB goldens up until that point, and ZOMG hers are soooo outstanding! They have super temperaments, and she had some really old dogs there, like 9+ years old that still looked and acted like puppies. She shows and does really well, like she actually manages to finish their AKC CH which is pretty impressive considering you have to beat 80+ dogs in some areas to get a major. And her husband is a hunter. I don't know if he hunts will all or some of the dogs. I know she also had two really nice field bred goldens when we went to get Charlie.

Anyway, she's a breeder I would trust 100% getting a dog from. She's in Oregon, which is kind of far, but the right dog is definitely worth shipping I think. If you don't want to ship, she may know another breeder of similar caliber who lives in your area.

All of her dogs are OFA'd for generations too, if you search her kennel name in the database.

Web Page Copy
Old 12-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Twin 2.0

Wow, those are some gorgeous dogs! Not overdone, hurly burly Rotties in long coats!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Wow, those are some gorgeous dogs! Not overdone, hurly burly Rotties in long coats!
Definitely! I had never been impressed by a golden until we met her dogs.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:52 AM
just call me Nilly

Romy THAT sounds what I'd be looking for. And her dogs are exactly what I picture when I think of a good Golden. I'd like to not ship when the time comes though, so I'll bookmark her site and maybe see if she knows anyone closer to here...

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 12-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Top Dog

Found these guys, they hunt, show, and do some other things too. Dogs are health screened, have CHIC numbers too which is nice. They look a nit different from the average golden I'm used to, their heads are bit bigger or something but the breeder seems very good.

Sterre Goldens regd - Golden Retrievers - Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Top Dog

I got tired of looking through these (there are a LOT) but here is a list of some breeders, scroll down a bit for Ontario:
Golden Retriever

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 12-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Just try me..

Golden's are not my breed.. but I would go with Anne (I am sure you know who I mean) her dogs are healthy, shown, titled, mutligeneration raw, and just lovely dogs.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Top Dog

Don't stick to on line breeders only !!! Most good ones sell by word of mouth and connections through clubs , any you are interested in I can check for you . Most of my club have championships in both US and Canada in all phases and all are health checked ,

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 12-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Top Dog

I'd pick this breeder!http://www.tanbark.com/