Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-29-2009, 01:54 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Did you try contacting a pointer rescue (if there is one)?

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 11-29-2009, 03:09 PM
tessa_s212

Breeder doesn't want to get local rescues involved. So I guess Toledo will be fine. She's arranging flight time, Marq's co-breeder is funding his flight back. No cost to me. Just have to get him into the vet to get health certificate to fly.

I can't believe all this is happening. I don't know if I should tell my mom, not tell her until the day of and give her a chance to say goodbye, or just take him and tell her later.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:20 PM
F150 and a .30-06

How much will she freak if you tell her before hand?

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 11-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Water Junkie

I would wait. You don't know what she'll do. She could do something potentially very dangerous.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Yorkie Love

Whose dog is Marq?
I may have this wrong but it sounds like he is your moms, she signed the contract to purchase him etc. If that is true, you really need to tell her... whether you believe he needs to be returned to the breeders or not, if he isnt your dog you cant do it without her knowing.
If he is your dog, then you can do whatever you want, so if you want to tell her after its done because you think it would make things go smoother, go ahead.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Collies&Terriers, Oh My!

Am I understanding that you're stepping in due to neglect, right? In that case, I don't know that telling her would be the right thing to do. Marq's breeder is aware of the situation, right? Is she going to have a problem if she knows that your mom doesn't know what's happening?

~Smooth Collies~

URO1 CH "Smidgen" RA,WW-RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)
URO2 CH "Dora" RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)

~American Hairless Terriers (coated)~
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "OE" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "Spud" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
Old 11-29-2009, 07:53 PM
tessa_s212

Marq is MY dog. His county tags are in my name, I've paid for all his vet bills. Taht is all that matters in Ohio, however, I ALSO am Marq's co-owner with his breeder. He's my dog through and through as far as the law goes. My mother DID sign the contract, but that is because I was a minor at the time and legally could sign no contract.

Marq is in excellent health. I've made sure he gets care. He is not infested with fleas like my mom's and brothers' dogs. I'm tired of all the neglect. Our two oldest cockers, Ginger and Brownie, died in neglect. They didn't have to die like that, or even live like that for so long. So what happens when Marq has a problem? Will my mom neglect him? Will I be able to afford it? He gets soooo scared when my mom goes into a episode where she screams constantly at the voices in her head. He deserves better.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Collies&Terriers, Oh My!

If you're his co-owner, then it's between you and the breeder as far as I see it. If they have no issue with you returning him under the circumstances, then that's what I'd do. And telling your mom in advance doesn't sound like it would make things easier, that's for sure ....

~Smooth Collies~

URO1 CH "Smidgen" RA,WW-RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)
URO2 CH "Dora" RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)

~American Hairless Terriers (coated)~
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "OE" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "Spud" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
Old 11-29-2009, 09:01 PM
tessa_s212

I'll probably tell her when I show up to take him to say her goodbyes. Not any time before, so she can't do anything to prevent me from flying him back.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Could you make it to the Indianapolis airport instead? IND is also an international airport like ORD and that's probably several hours closer to you... is that a possibility?

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog