Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 11-23-2009, 04:29 PM
swimming upstream

I'm so sorry--what a tragic situation. Hopefully the foster pup will help ease some of the pain.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Puppy Dog

It's really sad! Has the vet mentioned any reasons for the miscarriage?

Did your dog did any 'massive' actions or activities?

What about the food?

You see, caring for pregnant dogs is almost the same as caring for a pregnant women.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Big Dog

Hi, sorry I have been gone went camping for a week...

Thank you guys. It's been tough, she's been doing good though. She didn't ever get her milk in, so we have been bottle feeding the little boy. But we still let him nurse off her (she has the cholestrum- sorry can't spell)

And nkthen, this was her second litter. Her first litter of 8 all lived, all our alive and healthy. I know how to care for a pregnant bitch. I don't think I said it in the first post or if I did I was vague... When she was about 6 weeks along she stopped eating. Wouldn't look at food. She went 3-4 days without eating then she went in for surgery to get her blockage removed (it was something that has been in there for a long time.) So it was lack of nutrition that they didn't live. I was kinda offended by your post, it was not our fault they did not live. In a way it was but it wasn't because we didn't know how to take care of a pregnant dog.