Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:42 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
That's true, Yoko. But if you have a weight limit to worry about hopefully you've not gotten a breed/dog that will get bigger than that weight limit.
yeah that bites. i wanted a sheltie because I knew i would probably spend most of my life renting. a sheltie shouldnt get over 30lbs and 16 inches tops.
Ruckus is 41lbs and 19-20 inches. so now I am pretty screwed with renting. and of course, i had to go out and get the second dog! LOL
Old 11-21-2009, 11:44 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
And the video... Don't forget the video...
oh you made the video! you are now famous... in a pretty horrible way. on a few dog forums.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:45 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsarebetter View Post
oh you made the video! you are now famous... in a pretty horrible way. on a few dog forums.
No Mandy didn't make the video, the OP of the thread made it.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 11-21-2009, 11:54 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

well....

here's my two cents

One of the MODS has made it perfectly clear that this new member will be treated as new until they prove they are a troll or an issue they will remain a member. so I think we really need to drop the whole "ON the other forum you did this". Until it becomes an issue here it's not an issue here if tha tmakes sense lol

as for the breed of dog and where it came from. My Teddy came from an amish farm before I joined this site.I didn't know better... but I wouldn't change it for anything in the whole wide world. so I won't fault anyone who doesn't KNKOW better for getting a dog from sources "chaz" deems to be WRONG. this is the perfect opportunity to teach and help.

IF they don't take the help and cause issues... well that is THEIR problem and let them suffer the consequences. not eveyrone is BORN knowing better and we ALL think we KNOW things and are right when in fact we are totally incorrect.

As for the dog... I might have missed it. do you KNOW what the breed mix is?

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post

If you spread mis information (which is not the same as an opinion) you will likely not be popular on forum.
Your right.

The St. Bernard doesn't drool and is an active dog. That is the correct information for any perspective mainstream dog owner inquiring about that breed.

I got my puppy from a BYB for $375.

He was 3 months when we got him and they claimed he weighed 5lbs.

3 weeks later (today) at the vet, they weighed him in at 14lbs.

Right now he weights 14lbs and is 3 months and 3 weeks old.

I heard heavier dogs can scratch hardwood floors.

The puppy was really good at the vet. There was a big lab/shepard mix and wow the girl had to really PULL him and try to come him down cause he would bark and go nuts on the other animals including our puppy.

Our little guy was laying down by our feet and then when the doctor came out, he would hide under the chair hehe.. never made a sound. He stood up perfectly for examination. Very well behaved. Even the cat too.

our doggy has a such a good temperment. He's so obedient. He can give high 5's now like a champ.

He's already trained not to go into certain rooms (like our bedroom). He's not allowed in. So he'll automatically stay at the door.

The cat was trying to take swipes at the dog becuase they are beginning to play, but dogs can rough house above a cats comfort level so we needed to declaw the cat to protect the dog.

The cat is here on the bed recovering. I dont know how they sowed him up without banadages or bleeding. The cat is a house cat. Not allowed outside the house.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsarebetter View Post
Yeah it was not me that made the video, it was the OP... I'm a 17 year old female university undergrad, not a middle aged man with hair loss and a tendency to believe everything wikipedia says...
Old 11-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Yorkie Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush View Post
The cat is here on the bed recovering. I dont know how they sowed him up without banadages or bleeding. The cat is a house cat. Not allowed outside the house.
My most recent cat to be declawed did not come home with bandages... 15 years ago they did... the procedure has changed a lot... mine were all moving around the same day and forget keeping them from jumping, haha... mine would have none of that!
Old 11-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Just try me..

Quote:
Your right.

The St. Bernard doesn't drool and is an active dog. That is the correct information for any perspective mainstream dog owner inquiring about that breed.

I got my puppy from a BYB for $375.

He was 3 months when we got him and they claimed he weighed 5lbs.

3 weeks later (today) at the vet, they weighed him in at 14lbs.

Right now he weights 14lbs and is 3 months and 3 weeks old.

I heard heavier dogs can scratch hardwood floors.

The puppy was really good at the vet. There was a big lab/shepard mix and wow the girl had to really PULL him and try to come him down cause he would bark and go nuts on the other animals including our puppy.

Our little guy was laying down by our feet and then when the doctor came out, he would hide under the chair hehe.. never made a sound. He stood up perfectly for examination. Very well behaved. Even the cat too.

our doggy has a such a good temperment. He's so obedient. He can give high 5's now like a champ.

He's already trained not to go into certain rooms (like our bedroom). He's not allowed in. So he'll automatically stay at the door.

The cat was trying to take swipes at the dog becuase they are beginning to play, but dogs can rough house above a cats comfort level so we needed to declaw the cat to protect the dog.

Wow anger much.

Please read whole posts. I asked if you knew that not ALL drool.. it has to do with the shape of the flews. Same as in Newfs, you can get ones with 'dry' mouths.

Things don't have to be black or white. Not all JRTs are active and energetic. For example Dekka is speedy speedy on the agility course but would make a great apartment dog. She went to work with me today at the university and lay on a chair beside me as I worked in the lab.

Its fine to have opinions (don't we all lol) But to state your opinion as fact with out info to back it up, esp when it goes against common sense.

If you keep your dog's nails short it doesn't matter how big they are they can't scratch floors.

I am glad your dog is good. But make sure you dont assume it will stay that way with out effort. Some times the very obedient and 'calm' ones are shy.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Yeah it was not me that made the video, it was the OP... I'm a 17 year old female university undergrad, not a middle aged man with hair loss and a tendency to believe everything wikipedia says...
Let me see a picture of you so I can make fun of your physical appearance.

Proof positive that i'm not the problem or the one causing issues.

Maybe some of you should take responsibility for your own behavior.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
They don't typically use sutures on declaws anymore. Most vets will use a laser to amputate the toe up to the first knuckle which also cauterizes the blood vessels as it goes and then they use a special glue instead of sutures to close the wounds.

It doesn't sound like you did much research on declawing before you got it done. And honestly your reasoning is not valid in my mind even though i have a dog that had $2000 eye surgery to repair a cat scratch, it was my dog's fault and the cat was protecting itself. I didn't demand the cat get declawed since she got cornered. Give the cat enough spaces to escape away from the dog and you'll be fine, they should ideally have a cat tree or other apparatus to climb up on to in order to get away from the dog and there should be no areas where the cat can get cornered in. That is how a cat and dog can coexist peacefully without brutal mutilation, and yes it is mutilation. I'll only ever condone it if it is a severe case that is between life with no claws and death, and those rarely come up.
Closed Thread