Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Sites and Pet Sites

Old 11-21-2009, 01:15 AM
F150 and a .30-06

Default My New Site

I just completely re did my site. Let me know what you think. I think I spell checked everything

Velocity Kennels - Home

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 11-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Plus One

Looks good
Old 11-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Top Dog

Really a good looking website. Is this correct? Show Expenses Are Dived Between All Dogs In Handler's Care
and also noticed this: We currently do not have anything avalible from our kennel
and: However there is a 5yr old male doberman in Tennesse avalible to the right home
Old 11-22-2009, 05:09 PM
F150 and a .30-06

lol. dont you know you dive expenses. lol. Thanks!

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 11-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Wookie Collie

Looks good, but very generic. Why flowers and not dog photos? Lots more dog photos required.

Also, I'm very confused as to what it is you do just by reading this site. The front page has a mission statement-style paragraph but it doesn't state simply what it is your site is for, for newcomers.

Lastly, spelling. Looots of spelling errors. Be sure to double-check everything!

Looks good otherwise!

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 11-30-2009, 11:06 AM
<----Thanks Allie

I think spelling/grammar are the main concerns.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Collies&Terriers, Oh My!

I agree that the image should present itself as more 'doggy'. The flowers wouldn't draw me in if I were looking for a handler or boarding kennel. Also, maybe change the heading to "JennCal Handling, home to Velocity Dobermans and Beagles". That will serve a dual purpose and not confuse the reader who came looking for "JennCal" and landed at "Velocity".

~Smooth Collies~

URO1 CH "Smidgen" RA,WW-RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)
URO2 CH "Dora" RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)

~American Hairless Terriers (coated)~
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "OE" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "Spud" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
Old 12-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Show Dog

I would center Velocity Kennels on your home page. I was also put what Velocity Kennels is directly underneath the title. It is not immediately clear exactly what Velocity Kennels are all about. Where are you located for example.

You only have a few seconds to grab the attention of a web user. If they do not find something to draw them in a few seconds they are off to somehwere else.

I would add pictures of dogs in the banner that runs across the screen instead of the flowers.

I would also take of the comments about it being under construction. Almost all websites are usually being updated in one way or another andmost users understand that without having to be told.

People love pictures and videos. I would concentrate on adding as much of these types of media to your website as you can on a regular basis. You can make simple videos and submit to U-Tube and then get a code to embed that video into your site.

I hope you do not think I am trying to throw stones. I have been working on my own website, dog collars, dog supplies, dog toys, dog beds, dog collar for years. Please feel free to stop by and give me feedback on my site if you like.