Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Big Dog

We just got married in the fall and Harley was in the wedding. He acted as a "groomsdog." He walked down with a couple of our friends in the bridal party and stood next to one of my groomsmen during the ceremony. It worked out fantastic...everyone loved him and he was so well behaved. He even ended up staying all night at the reception because he was hamming it up with all the guests and was being so good. Anyways here are a few pictures...

ill try to dig up some more of him standing with the bridal party later tonight.

Harley has acquired so many things over the years that I thought I would share his thoughts below:
Dog Product Reviews
Old 11-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Top Dog

2 of my dogs were in my wedding. Abbey was our flower girl and my maid of honour walked her down the 'aisle'. Hutch was out ring bearer. He walked down the aisle with my hubby's best man. We were married out side at a resort and that was one of the major things that we had to take into consideration when we were wedding planning. We needed a venue that would allow the dogs. At first the resort did not want us to have the dogs and when they realised it was a make or break thing for us they quickly changed their minds. They even allowed us to keep the dogs at our cabin that we had rented. Hutch is a big boy and he certainly drew alot of attention from the other guests at the resort, but both of the dogs were on their best behavior.

Some of our family and guests thought that it was inappropriate to have the dogs in the wedding (some of the older generation), but it was our wedding and it was perfect for us! I would do it again in a heart beat!
Old 11-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Yorkie Love

By the way, I think its a great idea... if I ever got married mine would certainly be a part of it... and I will be happy to make it known ahead of time and no one needs to attend who does not like the idea.

Honestly, the wedding day is about the couple getting married and everyone else should keep their opinions to themselves, lol!
Old 11-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Top Dog

I want a big (lots of people) but casual wedding. The whole point is to have everyone I love there and there's no one I love more than Milo, aside from the one I'm marrying. We very possibly may end up being married at his parent's new house. Which would be nice...Giselle could even stay inside and Milo outside.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com