Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Saint Bernard Mix Slave

Default Guess what im looking at!!!!

When I got home from school my mom said we were going to look at a dog!!! There were actually two dogs a mother and daughter the mother was a 9 year old Lab Saint Bernard Mix and the daughter was the same with something else. The family was movinig and could'nt take them. So we decided on Sam the mom. But we changed her named to Pixie (which she already answers to btw) she is 80lbs the body and build of a SB with a face of a lab. She is super sweet and loves going for walks she also loves water. She is 9 and I read Sbs live to 11 and Labs live to 12-14 so do you think she may live past 11? She is Very healthy. She love Rooney, Sebastion, and Weezer but they are still getting used to her but airn't too bad. She loves Swiner our Cockatiel too as she has never seen one before and she gets alot of joy out him. She is very polite in how she takes her treats and just polite in general. We gave her a bath and put a flea collar on her. We also bought her a new nylon collar (She came in a choke chain ). She is housebroken and great with kids and has been my shadow all day long. She also loves going for car rides so we plan on taking her everywhere with us. And bear with me for pics I do not own a digital camera and so i need to get a disposable one and scan pictures. But she is absolutly gorgeouse. I only hope some day her owner doesent ask for her back as i am in love already.

Why we could'nt get Danny we found out he had bad legs and was fine if you did'nt handle them so we decided Danny would not be best for us. But we did give anouther old dog a new home.

Welcome Pixie Stick aka Pixie
Old 09-06-2005, 08:06 PM
It wasn't me

So happy for you! Maybe danny will be homed soon too. =)

John's website, http://www.colorcrayon.com

change is the only constant in work and life
Old 09-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Saint Bernard Mix Slave

Thanks! Yeah we promised to keep a look out for a home for Danny.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Saint Bernard Mix Slave

Also I met anouther man at the house with a beautiful Pitbull and I was saying how I would love to have one when I moved out and he said he would give me a discount of 200 for one of his puppies. Its a long story but he is reputable. So in a few years I may be getting a pitbull puppy.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:33 PM
I want 2 b a dog 4 a day

Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.dogster.com/?245038
www.dogster.com/?245035.
www.dogster.com/?245031
Old 09-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Felurian

I just love it when people open their hearts to older dogs. It's easy to want a puppy, but it takes someone special to love one of these older dogs, and they deserve so much love.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Saint Bernard Mix Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
I just love it when people open their hearts to older dogs. It's easy to want a puppy, but it takes someone special to love one of these older dogs, and they deserve so much love.
Exactly and the thing people forget is older dogs can be just as lively and fun to be with then a puppy. Not that I would'nt want a puppy but I do love older dogs.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:57 PM
Felurian

If it weren't for the fact that I don't want to bring an adult dog that outweighs Bimmer by 2:1 and possibly endanger him or cause him emotional stress, I'd rescue adult Filas. Pups are cute and adorable, but I really do enjoy them more when they're grown. And I love how the grown dogs respond to being adopted. They know. They just know . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-07-2005, 06:15 AM
Saint Bernard Mix Slave

I agree that I know just the look in Pixies eyes everytime she looks up at me. or how she puts her head in my lap. I just know she is thankful.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:54 AM
Top Dog

Awww, I'm so happy for you. What a surprise for you. And, yes, how nice of you to give this adult dog a home. That IS something special. Have fun with Pixie.