Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-16-2009, 07:22 PM
swimming upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
That makes me feel better. That one looks bigger than the ones I give Lucy. Or else I'm confused how big Baxter is!
no --that was a larger stick--Baxter and Wilson both go through the six inch sticks very quickly--so I tried the larger one and I actually timed them! And hour was good! LOL.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Top Dog

A few years ago, Laura-Leigh, myself, her son and my son (boys were about 12) were at the pet store. We were shopping for dog treats, our sons each picked up a bully stick. I asked them if they knew what those treats were and of course they said no. When I told them, both boys yelled and tossed those bully sticks so high in the air they almost went into the rafters of the store!!! At that point Laura and I almost ended up sitting on the floor from cracking up.......omg it was funny!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
In the beginning of manufacturing process the bull's penis that is usually 23-25 inches long, is removed and cleaned. It is hung vertically for the fluids contained to fully drain. Without these fluids bully sticks are odor free. At the next stage of processing bull penises are stretched, twisted or braided, dried and then may be smoked for flavor. The result is a 30-40 inches long very hard brown stick which is cut into pieces suitable for dogs of any size. Thus you can buy small bully sticks of 4'', large beef pizzles of 30 inches and any length between, such as 5'', 6'', 7'', 9'' and 12''.
LOL!

For some reason I've always known what they are and it's never bothered me at all. It takes my girls about a week to go through a 6 inch bully stick usually. They could finish in a couple hours but they usually lose interest about halfway through.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Top Dog

I puchase the 30 inch ones and then my Hub cuts them up, its much cheaper that way, plus I can give little ones to the pups at this time. However, this thread now has me thinking.........my son knows what they are but I don't know if my Hub does, I have to ask!!
Old 11-17-2009, 05:53 AM
Irritate with Caution!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
I puchase the 30 inch ones and then my Hub cuts them up, its much cheaper that way, plus I can give little ones to the pups at this time. However, this thread now has me thinking.........my son knows what they are but I don't know if my Hub does, I have to ask!!
Oh Boy..... I can see his face now if he does not, LOL esp. where he has been cutting them up for you!!

I remember that time with the boys, the looks on their faces were sheer horror!!!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:51 AM
Puppy Dog

GAG.

I didn't know...
When my poo was young someone told me to lick the end of the rawhide so it would have my scent on it cause she was so fussy. It worked.
We swiched to bully sticks last year and the practice continued, up until a few minutes ago..
Old 11-17-2009, 07:59 AM
swimming upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelf View Post
GAG.

I didn't know...
When my poo was young someone told me to lick the end of the rawhide so it would have my scent on it cause she was so fussy. It worked.
We swiched to bully sticks last year and the practice continued, up until a few minutes ago..
Old 11-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelf View Post
GAG.

I didn't know...
OMG! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Bamm Bamm LOVES them!!!!
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 11-18-2009, 12:44 AM
Big Dog

wow, i did not know this....i have always heard about them but now i'm not sure i will be getting harley one anytime soon!
Old 11-18-2009, 07:15 AM
Top Dog

LOL. This thread has turned into some good laughs! You guys are a scream! Love the horrified smiley. Too funny.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson