Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Chihuahua Power!

I'm glad that you had a good time, even though that looks like a stressful situation for everyone involved

Lizmo did a great job of explaining how out of control the situation was. I definitely wouldn't recommend that lady to anyone.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Top Dog

Evidently, there are not a lot of choices for this type of training/experience in my area. It was never about the training, just about a single experience anyway. HIC not HCT.

I asked both the BC/Aussie rescue where I got Jax and a Rally trainer CD, ASCA-CD, RAE, CGC, TDI, TDIA, AATD, FMD, AKC-HIC, AHBA-HCT, WD-SS, WD-WTXX, TT. Both are CGC, TDI evaluators and one is IACP certified and BOTH suggested this lady. They both told me she was an AKC herding judge as well, so I went with their recommendations.

Maybe it's the only game around in a reasonable proximity? Don't know...but it appeared to be the case to me and who am I to question their recommendations? I know nada about anything.

lol, somehow you guys have me on trial here. Jax had fun, my son and I had fun and we got to spend a few minutes in the country. My son and I watched the unedited version yesterday with sound and I asked him next time not to take so much video of the sheep. He said once again, he'd never seen one. We need to get out to the country more.

I see now that it should or could have been handled differently, but it wasn't. It was what it was..."Dog chases Sheep".

(No animals were hurt in making this video) Maybe that should be my new Avatar. I just hope this is not my 15 minutes of fame.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:07 AM
<--------Orson

JoeLacy, I don't think ANYONE in the thread was judging you or your dog. What I get out of the thread is the TRAINER didn't meet up to what they should have.

I really don't think anyone wants you to feel attacked or judged. They just wanted to point out (for you and others who don't know) this person has flaws that they don't find desirable in a trainer.

Try not to take it personal, I TRULY don't think it was directed at you or Jax
Old 11-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Top Dog

Thanks Cooper, I won't take it personal.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
JoeLacy, I don't think ANYONE in the thread was judging you or your dog. What I get out of the thread is the TRAINER didn't meet up to what they should have.

I really don't think anyone wants you to feel attacked or judged. They just wanted to point out (for you and others who don't know) this person has flaws that they don't find desirable in a trainer.

Try not to take it personal, I TRULY don't think it was directed at you or Jax
I completely agree.

I only replied to this thread because I don't want people to come on here and think this is what herding is supposed to be like.

I never would've started herding lessons if this is how they were ran. lol.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-16-2009, 10:29 AM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

whoa, i was stressed watching it!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Top Dog

The lady sent me some still photos today.

I think I like this one the best.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLacy View Post
I asked both the BC/Aussie rescue where I got Jax and a Rally trainer CD, ASCA-CD, RAE, CGC, TDI, TDIA, AATD, FMD, AKC-HIC, AHBA-HCT, WD-SS, WD-WTXX, TT. Both are CGC, TDI evaluators and one is IACP certified and BOTH suggested this lady. They both told me she was an AKC herding judge as well, so I went with their recommendations.
Well, AKC people will recommend AKC people. Just for furture reference.

You're on the BC Boards, why didn't you ask there? You make it sound as if there was no other place to take your dog. Lots of people that work dogs are in Texas.

I've tried to tell you that I'm glad you had fun, and I'm not attacking you or your dog (whom I know nothing about). But you don't seem to get it. You don't seem to get why this 'evaluation' was such a mess, either.

Anyways, I think I need the banging head smiley, please?

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-16-2009, 11:42 AM
<--------Orson

That is a VERY nice still shot JoeLacy.......it was nice of her to send it to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLacy View Post
I see now that it should or could have been handled differently, but it wasn't. It was what it was..."Dog chases Sheep".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
But you don't seem to get it. You don't seem to get why this 'evaluation' was such a mess, either.
Liz, she SAID she sees now.........I am sure the videos you posted helped her see, why the further need to pound?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Water Junkie

Because he's still saying that we are attcking him....? And he's making it sound as if he had no other choice. He's on the BC Boards. They are very well known for putting people in touch with trainers in there area.

And I think it's a 'him', lol.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l