Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-14-2009, 05:11 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Default JUst scooped PEpper

up a bowl of mouse. I set her food down in front of her and she attacked it so fast I knew what had happened. ONce i got the young mouse away from her (very dead) she went on eating her dinner like it was the best meal ever served.
REal tired of mice and it's only just begun. I had six boxes of poison out and now they aren't touching it. They had to have crawled over their dead relatives to get in this year. I got visions of school teacher mice pointing to examples of what to and what NOT to eat out in the real world. Cries. THey don't touch the traps either. Tried all those electrical things to no avail. This is so not good.

Looked all over the dog bin, dont' know how it got in there i keep the lid on and there are no holes that I can see. Wish I had one of those big metal milk cans that Jim kept his dog food in or a wall bin.

I have all the boxed food in the fridge. THey are here for the warmth is all I can tell. Hyia had a corn bag she use to heat up and take to bed with her. It took one night of her forgetting to put it away and it was emptied.

I need a peppermint oil fogger.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Top Dog

I'm afraid I may be infected here too !! Usually they are only in the garage , but there are signs they;ve moved in !!! Hate them , traps and poison , but must head into it !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-14-2009, 06:14 PM
<--------Orson

Oh yikes! Glad you got it from her

I hope you get it sorted out and get them GONE soon! We normally get a few inside this time of year, I have the traps set but haven't got anything yet or seen "signs" as Grammy said, LOL *crosses fingers*
Old 11-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Taxiderpy

Would it be remotely possible to adopt/borrow a cat for a while? I don't know how your crew is with them, but we had horrible mice problems when we moved in. They were even in the refrigerator. It was disgusting. Less than a week passed and our cat killed every single one of them, and we haven't seen any since.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

I get mice in here every Fall. My girlie cat, Suvicka is a good mouser, though, so I find them lined up neatly in front of the refrigerator. You just don't want to go in the kitchen barefoot after dark. Ewwww.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 11-14-2009, 06:22 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I can't afford any more vet bills. I can't afford to feed a cat. I could probably get the landlord to agree to one but I would have to be able to provide medical care and i just can't do that. Hyia would like nothing better in the whole wide world.

I have never had to use poison in my life. Guess i always had a cat come to think of it. I know when Pepper is after one and she has never swollowed one, left them very squashed and dead but a person still worries so if i hear her excited I get up to help and prevent her from keeping it. I give her a treat afterwards and that seems to please her.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 11-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Top Dog

I had a beautiful white cat visit me a couple of days ago . It made up to me but not with Ollie ! I hope that he/she comes back !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

Smkie, I am sorry. Cats and kids are a good combo in my family. I wish I could make things better for you somehow.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 11-14-2009, 06:35 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

THanks Dr. MOm. I hate this house but it was the only one that would take the dogs so we have made due. Mom is going blind and has let me know she may need me there in the future so moving some place is is rather pointless even if i could. You woudlnt' believe all the electronic crap we tried before i finally bought the poison. I have had no food in my cabinets for a couple years now. I don't even use them for anything. I have removed every bit of anything that could remotely look like food. THey got into a horse radish packet and ate that clean. THe only thing i missed.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 11-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Twin 2.0

Why not put up the poison and let your terrier-mouser do her thing? She's obviously good at it!