Getting another dog

I had a Golden Retriver for 9 years and spent 23 hours a day with her for the 9 years so when she died that almost did me in. I'm 62 with no family or friends and a dog is all I know. For me to survive I feel I need to get another dog. It's been one and a half months since she passed away and I know it's still to soon. I would like a 50 pound dog who is attach to the owner. I have a bad back and can't walk a long ways but I have an electric scooter I can take a dog for dog walks and they can walk at their own pase. I'll have an apartment for a couple of months then a house. I'm thinking about a border collie or English Shepard.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I hope you can get an older dog that will be just right for you. A dog was found by a friend of mine that belonged to a 90 year old woman that had passed. THe emts had let the dogs out by accident. WE never did find SIster. Shaffer was a young dog but behaved like an old Abraham Lincoln. Tall and calm. He was the perfect dog for my 80 yr old Mother. Prayers that such a dog comes along for you.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
i woudl NOT sugest a border, they generally need a HIGH energy owner who can give them lots of mental stimulation, and LOTS of running time!
same with the english shepard, these are both WORKING breeds with extreemly HIGH energy levels, that someone with mobility issues (even WITH a scooter) is not going to nessicarily be able to handle...especially as a puppy.

Members online