Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-11-2009, 07:31 PM
:( only one :(

Default Boomer broke my heart

Boomer had his appointment today for his ACTH test (it's to test his cortisol levels for his Cushings disease). I dropped him off in the early morning for the test where they draw blood out of him during different times of the day.

When I picked him up afterwards he was so excited to see me, but he also whimpered, not really a cry but more of a lamentation. Not because he was in pain, but because he was so scared, he didn't even want me to keep him on the ground, he whimpered for me to pick him up. He's been in for his testing many times before, but this time he had a difficult time with it.

Do your dogs make you feel guilty like heck for certain things. To the point where you stop at the pet store to buy them stuff? LOL
Old 11-11-2009, 07:33 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

Clients bring mc donalds CHEESE BURGERS for their dogs when the pick them up from the grooming shop.
so the dog isnt mad at them anymore.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:37 PM
:( only one :(

Haha, DAB! Funny you should say that. I told my friend about his experience and she asked me if I brought him to McDonals. lol
Old 11-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Top Dog

Yes, all the time Giny. I think most of us have been manipulated, not only by our own individual dogs, but by dogs for thousands of years. The ones that made us feel the most guilty were the ones most likely to fare the best. They've got us pegged pretty well by now.

Poooooooor widdow Boomer. Give him an extra cookie for me and a big smooch.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Puppy Dog

I didn't realize HOW MUCH my toy poo manipulated me until I got a st. poo puppy. Then it all became clear and they both got obediance training.
If my st. got the bad habits of the toy, it would have been BAD, cause she really was a brat..
Old 11-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Top Dog

Poor boy. I'm such a sucker that it probably would have made me cry.

But I feel guilty every time I leave my dog home alone, so I'm a little pathetic. I hope he got some goodies to alleviate his suffering.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey08 View Post
But I feel guilty every time I leave my dog home alone, so I'm a little pathetic.
S'okay, me too

Hope Boomer's feeling better!

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 11-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Yorkie Love

Aww... poor Boomer, how were his levels?

Mine always act like nothing ever happened when they come home from the vet/groomer... I have been known to buy them a small toy or something if they had surgery or something major though!

Chloe breaks my heart because she will happily trot off with anyone and not even look back... gee thanks kid!
Old 11-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Silence! I ban you!

The last time I had Xena at the groomer, we stopped by the ice cream stand on the way home. They give a free dish of vanilla soft-serve to dogs there so she got to have a treat to go with her "trauma"
Old 11-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Top Dog

I've never had to reward a dog for vet visits , but when I got Ollie he was very obsessed about HIS toys . He finally learned to share with his cousins and some of his favorites have bit the dust . When cousins have gone home , I'll replace and he's thrilled to death !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/