Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 11-17-2009, 07:17 AM
Active Pup

Default my dog is making me crazy, please help :)

Hey all
I am new at this forum and i am happy i did found one.
I signed up because my dog just started making too much problems which i couldn't solve.

I have a 6 years old golden retriever who got some loosy training, all he knows is sit, ground, "no", and nut pulling "too much" on a leash.
The dog was supposed to live in the house with the 2 cats, but really soon we had to move him to the garden beacuse he just chewed/ruined/eat everything he saw, like garbage, cellphones, food etc. all he does all day is playing.

So for 6 years he's been living outside during day and ant night we brought him to the kitchen with us, played with him and then he slept there. although the cats do go to the kitchen all day, that was still his terirtor, with his toys, his bones, his carpet, etc.

2 months ago HE JUST STARTED PEEING on the leg of the table, since then, he is peeing all the time at the same spot, no matter if we took the cat outside, or if we put some "get off" spray. even after turning the table 180, so the peeing leg is in the other side, he continued peeing on the same spot, on the "clean" leg.
any ideas? i really need help.

thanks
Old 11-17-2009, 07:20 PM
Top Dog

Many times when there's a new potty training issue with an older dog who was previously potty trained, it's a physical problem and the dog needs to see a vet for a diagnosis. 6 years old is only middle age, but a lot of health problems can start to crop up around this time.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:28 AM
Active Pup

can it be considered a medical issue even if he does it at the same spot, even when just brought from the garden?
it seems like some terrirtorial issue

Last edited by avieln; 11-18-2009 at 03:27 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:37 AM
and Fozzie B!

It could certaintly be him telling you something... whether it's health related, or not.

If he checks out at the Vet, make SURE you thoroughly clean the table leg, with an enzyme killer like Nature's Miracle. Take him on a walk before you bring him inside, so that he can get some good exercise, a training session, and get all of his pee out. Supervise him inside and preferably block off his access to the table leg with a babygate or something. It seems to have become habitual, and the best way to break the habit is to manage him so that he doesn't have the opportunity to mark it.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie