Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 11-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Twin 2

Crush can you please answer a question for me? You haven't answered any of the other ones I've asked so I'm gonna ask you to please answer this one

What makes you an expert on what the "mainstream" other wise known as the average pet owner wants in a dog, is looking for in a dog, how much work they will put into their dog ect?

I work at a pharmacy. I get people of all walks of life in there and since I love dogs they come up in the conversations a lot. These are people that DON'T do dog sports, don't go on forums or really research the dogs. They are your normal everyday dog owner. What makes them normal though is not that they aren't dog fanatics it's that they are all different, have different wants, needs and desires for a dog. They aren't all the same nor should they be and yet they are still fall into the category of the average joe dog owner

I get boxer, dachshunds, beagle, pit bull, bichon, lab, golden, poodle, terrier, aussie, corgi etc. owners. Some gotten through rescues and shelters, some from petstores, some from BYB and some from great breeders. NONE of them are the same and none of them are anything but "Mainstream" dog owners. And they are HAPPY with their dog.

Why do you think that every person that isn't a "dog enthusiast" only wants what you want. The thing about the majority of people is they are all unique with different situations and wants.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:40 PM
overdogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush View Post
And these are exactly the people that will lead you down the wrong path and recommend Pit Pull's when someone says they are planning on having a baby and want a dog. (despite that girl getting killed last month).
lol yes, those people who are actually educated and experienced, the ones who have spent hours upon hours working with all different types of breeds and owners... it just figures they'd be the ones to recommend vicious baby-eating pit bulls. that couldn't possibly be because they're educated beyond whatever drama the "if it bleeds it leads" fearmongering media wants the "mainstream" public to think.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 11-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Quote:
lol yes, those people who are actually educated and experienced, the ones who have spent hours upon hours working with all different types of breeds and owners... It just figures they'd be the ones to recommend vicious baby-eating pit bulls. That couldn't possibly be because they're educated beyond whatever drama the "if it bleeds it leads" fearmongering media wants the "mainstream" public to think.
clap!!! I like this. BEST THING EVER!!!^^^^

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff

Last edited by HayleyMarie; 11-25-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy's Valkyrie View Post

CRUSH, what do you have to say about this? LOOK and READ... a POODLE attacked a child! Now i guess all poodles are child killers, right? Just because your dog is cute and fluffy, doesnt mean it wont bite or even attack given the right circumstances.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush View Post
And these are exactly the people that will lead you down the wrong path and recommend Pit Pull's when someone says they are planning on having a baby and want a dog. (despite that girl getting killed last month). These people will recommend herding breeds for people living in apartments (other forum.. not this one).

That is the major problem in the dog world. The majority of people are mainstream, but the internet has been taken over by vocal extremists.

If you want a safe bet for a mainstream family, choose one of my recommended breeds.

If you want to possibly be led down the wrong path, then by all means take a chance and get your Beagle and then see what happens. Go get your Husky and see what happens. Go get your St. Bernard and see how you like it.

Then when the dog is back at rescue, you'll say 'gee I should have listened to him' and the enthusiests will keep recommending Pit Bulls with baby's in the house etc and St. Bernards that don't drool and that are active to mainstream dog owners and even TEENAGERS lol..

But anyhow, the choice is the origional posters.
I am the type of person who would recommend a pit bull for a family who has children, even small children. WHY may you ask? Because I have first hand real life experience with owning one when I was pregnant and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Did my pit bull eat my baby or even growl at her the slightest bit? NO. In fact, he was very much protective over her. Here I had a 64 pound pit bull, made of muscle as hard as rock, and he was the most gentle and docile with my baby girl. Pit bulls have very high pain tolerances and my toddler would pull his ears, climbed on him, and she even poked his eye once... he actually enjoyed the attention he got from her. They would curl up together on the floor and take a nap. How dare you.

A lot of your posts are pretty darn ignorant, but I have no problem letting them go right over my head, but I had to speak out after reading this post of yours in particular.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Water Junkie

Still waiting on a reply to my questions, Crush.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
Still waiting on a reply to my questions, Crush.
Same here
Old 11-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Just try me..

Ya where are the answers to pretty much any question posed do you..

In the mean time enjoy some 'non appropriate dog' and his human pics..

and child training a crazy dog

just goes to show many different people have different dog needs.....
Old 11-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Sport is looking way too clean, and i find those first two pics extremely offensive with all that icky white stuff. (Uber cute otherwise though.)

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 11-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Just try me..

lol

And here is my JRT Dekka in a sit stay on a highly distracting street (I am sure Crush, and others in the GTA will recognize this location)